For Sale Anyone looking for a GOAT?

I am more into Italian cars like this:

https://www.kbb.com/cars-for-sale/4...code=&year=2008&distance=75&bodystyle=convert

or this ride

https://www.lambonb.com/used-Costa+Mesa+-2009-Lamborghini-Gallardo-LP560+4+Coupe-ZHWGU54T69LA08095

BUT my priority really is a home and plane first then toy car last. While cars are fun, a plane can fly higher and faster than any exotic car! Rather take this ride home instead:

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/searc...del=YAK+52&listing_id=2255148&s-type=aircraft

plus a travel plane like this:

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/19033053/1971-cessna-177rg

It is ironic that a used airplane costs less than a used exotic car when the plane is more fun, useful and has better travel capabilities. Now a new plane is ridiculous stupid expensive. New Cirrus SR22 is almost million bucks and new Beechcraft Bonanza over million dollars!
Each to their own, but that's the stuff I can't stand. Sure they're nice cars, but I want American. When American companies want to outbuild the foreigns, we can do it quite easily.

The Z06 Vette can hang with any import for about 1/3 the price.

But the interior of a Vette is crap. I like the older classic Corvette roadsters but they cost a fortune!

But the interior of a Vette is crap.

I used to think that way too, but they've really stepped it up in the last couple of years. I test drove one a year ago and was pretty impressed. I mean, you're still not going to mistake the interior for a Lexus, but it's a hell of a lot better than it used to be.

Agree the latest Vette has better interior finally. Still, I'd rather buy and own a late model used low mile Ferrari or Lambo for new Vette money. The looks, style and thrills are spectacular out of this world. I drove new Corvette then a used late model Ferrari and the Italian exotics gets my blood pumping way more. Now a ZR1 , Ford GT super car not mustang, or Shelby Cobra is great on par with a used Lambo or Ferrari. But similar cost.

But the interior of a Vette is crap. I like the older classic Corvette roadsters but they cost a fortune!
I'm very happy with the interior of my C7.
Very, very happy. Right down to my HUD.
The seats engulf you.

The one complaint is there is nowhere to store anything. You just put it behind the seat seeing as there is no backseat / trunk.

Still, I'd rather buy and own a late model used low mile Ferrari or Lambo for new Vette money. The looks, style and thrills are spectacular out of this world. I drove new Corvette then a used late model Ferrari and the Italian exotics gets my blood pumping way more. Now a ZR1 , Ford GT super car not mustang, or Shelby Cobra is great on par with a used Lambo or Ferrari. But similar cost.

It's funny, this is similar to the Cirrus vs. used Bonanza/Mooney/whatever argument we like to have on this board. :) I agree - a Ferrari is pure sex, in a way the Vette can't equal. So I can understand a desire to have a used Ferrari vs. a new Vette. But if someone insists on a *new* car, it's pretty well impossible to beat the price/performance ratio of a Corvette.

I really wanted to buy one. Then I met a girl and moved to a city where having a nice car is dumb. Where is that emoji that shows a gun up against my head? ;)

Agree the latest Vette has better interior finally. Still, I'd rather buy and own a late model used low mile Ferrari or Lambo for new Vette money. The looks, style and thrills are spectacular out of this world. I drove new Corvette then a used late model Ferrari and the Italian exotics gets my blood pumping way more. Now a ZR1 , Ford GT super car not mustang, or Shelby Cobra is great on par with a used Lambo or Ferrari. But similar cost.
Bwahahahaha!!!

I guess we all have our own opinions.

The Viper is pretty good for a fast American car. Looks more exotic than a Corvette. All good though we have our preferences.

I've had a few exotics and I have said that "Most can afford to buy the car, but not many can afford to maintain them." I could feel the dollar bills flying out of my wallet for every mile I put on those cars. And maintaining them "by the book" was critical to maintain the provenance, otherwise the vehicle devalued. Kind of like our airplanes. :p

While driving exotics was nice, and I'm glad that I had the opportunity to have them, I don't miss them. Besides, the only attention you would get would be from other guys, the police, or women you didn't want to attract the attention of in the first place.

I like the Corvette, but agree that the interiors were a bit plasticky in early generations, especially the C5 I test drove. The almost 2 decade old Ferrari I had then felt better and was more comfortable, though undeniably the Corvette was faster.

The Corvettes have gotten a lot better. But I'm a Ford guy first... though the newest Mustang (aside from the Coyote 5.0 motor or the flat plane Boss 302 motor) really doesn't do much for me. But if I had to get an exotic, I'd probably look at one that was more practical, like the Audi R8. But for that kind of money, you might as well get the Tesla Model S P100D and have a luxurious interior, auto pilot, and ludicrous speed.

Last edited:
Definitely one of the favorites. Built a model of one as a kid. Painted it green with bigass tires on the back.
Of course, as a red-blooded American boy, pre- "War on Terrorism(TM)", you also loaded it with firecrackers on the subsequent July 4.

Of course, as a red-blooded American boy, pre- "War on Terrorism(TM)", you also loaded it with firecrackers on the subsequent July 4.

LOL! We used to build ship models with firecrackers BUILT into them for the express purpose of blowing them up on the pond. At first we put too many in them, so they'd just disappear upon explosion. So we used model glue, which caught fire, and less fireworks to simulate a slower demise. :D

Man... .great memories..!!! But why wait until the 4th of July?

We also put black powder in the engines.....

Once we filled a plane full of black powder. Our eyebrows completely grew back in about 6 months...

I'm wondering what the statute of limitations is in this case....

Agree the latest Vette has better interior finally. Still, I'd rather buy and own a late model used low mile Ferrari or Lambo for new Vette money. The looks, style and thrills are spectacular out of this world. I drove new Corvette then a used late model Ferrari and the Italian exotics gets my blood pumping way more.

I must be getting old because, I actually like the new Corvette, plus they won't kill you with maintenance. A used exotic, like a Ferrari, will eat your breakfast, lunch, dinner, midnight snack, etc with maintenance.

True, Italian cars are not cheap to own. I like the old Corvette roadsters like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1957-Chevrolet-Corvette-/263021771723

If I was to buy an expensive car, it would be something like the classic American muscle car! It would be less expensive than a newer car to own and actually appreciate in value over time and be unique and get props at car shows.
BUT my goal now is an airplane. I figure for 50-200k, instead of a vintage car or exotic, a plane would give me far more joy and use.

@rtk- agree the R8 is super comfortable and a blast to drive for a modern exotic. Cousin to the Lambo but less expensive to buy and own.

@rtk- agree the R8 is super comfortable and a blast to drive for a modern exotic. Cousin to the Lambo but less expensive to buy and own.
TTRS keeps up with the R8 in a much less flashy fashion, and considerably less investment.

Back