Where to get the most for the $$$ Multi training

Skydreamer2015

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Skydreamer2015
Where have you all found to be the best place to get a commercial multi add on? I'm not looking for the least expensive, but the best bang for the buck. I have found some flight schools that offer like $3000 multi add ons, but they are only offering like 5-7 hours of flight time for that amount. What do you all recommend or have used to get your multi? Thanks!

Centerline Aviation in Great Bend, Kansas (KGBD). Piper PA-30 turbo twin Comanche. $215/hour wet. $50/instructor. Examiner on staff. Terrific folks and a relaxed atmosphere. I did instrument/commercial/multi/CFI/CFII over the years with these guys and I love them. www.fuelwith.us

Centerline Aviation in Great Bend, Kansas (KGBD). Piper PA-30 turbo twin Comanche. $215/hour wet. $50/instructor. Examiner on staff. Terrific folks and a relaxed atmosphere. I did instrument/commercial/multi/CFI/CFII over the years with these guys and I love them. www.fuelwith.us

Thank you! Looks like a great place! One question. How do they handle the sign off for the multi? It appears the instructor is also the examiner.

They have at least two other MEI's on staff. I'm looking at doing the MEI add on with them later this year. If you talk with them, tell them Kenny says hi.

Plane lists "renters insurance required". Any idea why they stipulate this?

It would be an added cost to consider. Depending on what they are looking for in terms of coverage, this could be a very substantial added cost.
I would be asking questions about that requirement before deciding to go to them for training. I've seen requirements for renters insurance before, but I don't recall seeing it on a plane that is also 'dual only'.

Not sure where you are, but in Greensboro NC you can get your commercial multi add-on for $3600 in two days in a Baron.

Price covers plane, instructor and exam fee.

PM if you want more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This it? $3100 so I assume the checkride fee is $500.

http://flytaa.com/1976-beech-baron-55/

No.

The one I am referring to is based out of SIF (just north of GSO) and the program is designed to by a two day event - fly for a day and a half and take your checkride the afternoon of day two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly 5-7 hours is really all you need for it. I got mine in a Beechcraft Barron in just under eight hours, about $3500. That was my favorite part of flight training so far too, I love that plane. I'm flying single engines exclusively for now and really want to get into a multi engine again

You can do it in less than average time by reading up on chapter 12 ahead of time in the Airplane Flying Handbook

One option to consider with regards to preparation is the online Multi Engine Ground School at PilotProficient.com. The course is video-based, fun, and you pay what you want after taking the course.

The first question is what is your goal for getting the commercial multi? Are you looking to rent afterwards or maybe you are contemplating buying a twin afterwards. The reason why I ask is that it changes the answer. If you want to rent the plane afterwards, some places won't rent solo even after you get the rating there. You need to ask. If you're looking to buy, go the cheapest route, because the insurance company will want you to get checked out in the plane you bought. Many, many years ago, I went to ATP (before they were "ATP") and then really learned how to fly a Cessna 310R from an FBO in Torrance.

Where have you all found to be the best place to get a commercial multi add on? I'm not looking for the least expensive, but the best bang for the buck. I have found some flight schools that offer like $3000 multi add ons, but they are only offering like 5-7 hours of flight time for that amount. What do you all recommend or have used to get your multi? Thanks!

Back