Bye bye

This is what I've suggested/requested many times, all of which went completely unanswered/ignored/filed in trash.

Your going about it all wrong. Instead of a spin zone, request a cupcake/snowflake zone that is moderated and protected. Gives the mods less to do and makes the cupcakes/snowflakes feel more special because they get the special treatment they have grown to expect.

Man, that must have been one hell of a joke!
It gave me a laugh at least.

I too agree that the moderation is taken a bit too serious at times here. I understand that rules are rules, but rules can be modified too. If it wasn't for the community of users that make up POA, the mods wouldn't have anyone to moderate.

Suggestions that users have for this board seem rather meaningless because we have no say in what takes place here. Or so it seems.

I'll donate to the cause.

Awesome! That's two. Lots of buzz going on already.

As far as a donation, it'll really more of a one time only club fee of $299 per year. Hoping to keep a monthly member fee (server cost) of less than $100. Obviously a free logo mug or hat with that.

Mod- meaning, "no moderation." Au naturel.
Aero- meaning, anyone who's passionate about aviation and is an attractive millennial between the ages of 18-26, you're welcome.

It'll be for the next generation of aviation forum groupies. Let's do this!

So, we are mad at someone and say he isn't acting like an adult while the rules say no adult content is allowed? I'm confused.

Suggestions that users have for this board seem rather meaningless because we have no say in what takes place here. Or so it seems.
There are users who would like MORE moderation, if the reported posts mean anything, so you could say we are treading a middle ground with what we do now.

There are users who would like MORE moderation, if the reported posts mean anything, so you could say we are treading a middle ground with what we do now.
And there's also users who want LESS moderation, so how do you balance it out? Don't you think that it might be wise at some point to modify the rules a bit? Or take in suggestions that users have offered before?

And there's also users who want LESS moderation, so how do you balance it out? Don't you think that it might be wise at some point to modify the rules a bit? Or take in suggestions that users have offered before?

That solution is too simple. Nice try.

As I said if there are people that want more and people that want less, I think we are in the correct place.

You all do moderate well, I'm not knocking you all on it because I know it must be done, I just feel like it may be a little overdone at times. I suggest that the rules be modified a little or give a sub forum like the spin zone a second chance, so folks who enjoy engaging in things like this can have their place on this board. I don't like to see people get ran off.

I'd like to see an "uncensored" forum too but I'm not going to leave if it doesn't happen.

Guaranteed someone will find a line to cross there too of course.

You all do moderate well, I'm not knocking you all on it because I know it must be done, I just feel like it may be a little overdone at times. I suggest that the rules be modified a little or give a sub forum like the spin zone a second chance, so folks who enjoy engaging in things like this can have their place on this board. I don't like to see people get ran off.
As we have explained numerous times before, we collectively decided to do away with the Spin Zone and it's not coming back. Folks who like to engage in Spin Zone type discussions and uncensored locker room banter have other places to do it.

Although I don't care for dick pics, (only interested in pics of things I don't have) I do like to grab a fistful of Johnson Bar, and often at that. ;)
i do that too... quite often, if i dont i get yelled at by my CFI...

I like the idea of each of us moderating those who offend us by placing them on ignore. If someone finds me to be offensive, simply put me on ignore. If I find someone to be offensive or bothersome, that's what I do. It's so simple.

I like the idea of each of us moderating those who offend us by placing them on ignore. If someone finds me to be offensive, simply put me on ignore. If I find someone to be offensive or bothersome, that's what I do. It's so simple.
Totally agree! It's a very simple fix.

That works for individuals, but the mods are thinking about what this board looks like to the general public, and this is a public board.

It's funny how many people are "offended" by the actions of the MC.

Seriously people, if you want an uncensored forum, you literally have the entire ****ing internet at your disposal. Maybe you would enjoy 4chan or reddit.

Too many old people here with their antiquated rules. I'm about to bounce and create my own aviation forum with no oppressive moderation. I shall call it...Modaero. Maybe even separate it with a space like Mod Aero. Just an idea, early plannning stages and all.

As someone who has hosted "unmoderated" boards, the best I can do is quote the great philosopher John Yossarian: "I yearn for you tragically."

Rich

That works for individuals, but the mods are thinking about what this board looks like to the general public, and this is a public board.

and THIS is why we need the politics-free spnzn subforum. members only, you OPT in. and u still get your 'no politics' as well.

and THIS is why we need the politics-free spnzn subforum. members only, you OPT in. and u still get your 'no politics' as well.
That didn't work before and the MC decided we didn't want to support a place like that. How hard is it for people to understand? As a previous poster said, you have the whole internet to do that. There are at least two places that people from here have created for you to do that.

That didn't work before and the MC decided we didn't want to support a place like that. How hard is it for people to understand? As a previous poster said, you have the whole internet to do that. There are at least two places that people from here have created for you to do that.

so, I thought the main reason u did away with it was because of nasty political discussions that got out of hand? I guess it's very hard for me to understand, thanks for the explanation.

so, I thought the main reason u did away with it was because of nasty political discussions that got out of hand? I guess it's very hard for me to understand, thanks for the explanation.
I think the mods had their own reasons for wanting to do away with it, but the end result is that it's gone and not coming back.

That works for individuals, but the mods are thinking about what THEY THINK THIS board looks like to the general public, and TREAT IS AS IF IT IS THEIR board.

FTFY

BTW- Only one MOD routinely uses plural nouns and implies some conversation has taken place before such pronouncements. Not there's anything wrong with that?

FTFY

BTW- Only one MOD routinely uses plural nouns and implies some conversation has taken place before such pronouncements. Not there's anything wrong with that?
We have had previous discussions in conference calls and online about where we want this board to go. Is that such a surprise to you? I may be the one who posts the most about our policies, but that doesn't mean that I haven't listened to the input of the rest of the board.

I guess my problem is that I am a one stop shopper type of person. I like having an aviation forum to go to for serious airplane talk but I also like one that includes a fair amount of irreverent, gallows, and blue humor. I don't want to browse the internet for several sites to get my daily dose.

Very little offends me and that is possibly part of my problem in that I don't have much of an appreciation for what might offend others or why they may be offended. This is not to say that I don't see the need to impose certain limits such as racial slurs for example but I do think that many people get offended far too easily.

So if this board becomes more sterile, I might as well drift over to AOPA or another aviation board. I began hanging out here due to the combination of great aviation knowledge coupled with good humor, frequently from the same people. This is something that I have observed quite a bit in my career. The best and brightest were often the ones that had a sense of humor of the raucous type. Not sure if anyone noticed but when Mark was serious in answering a question or discussing a topic, he was pretty much spot on.

That's all I have.

Maybe you would enjoy 4chan or reddit.
cbf.gif

Not sure why people keep posting about cupcakes and hurt feelings. I don't think anyone's feelings have been hurt and the only person who seems upset is mscard88. I also don't think it's unreasonable for this board to have standards and for the MC to enforce them. I have been places on the internet that are unmoderated and don't want this board to turn into that.

Back