Air work today

N659HB

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Pops
Departure and arrival stalls, 45-degree turns, yada yada. Been almost a year, due to the five month hiatus for repairs and the break-in routine. Felt good. Turns along a road and turns around a point (my favorite) next time. :D

What did you do today? ;)

Dragging grandson to BB games today, one down, at least one more to go Tournament.

Departure and arrival stalls, 45-degree turns, yada yada. Been almost a year, due to the five month hiatus for repairs and the break-in routine. Felt good. Turns along a road and turns around a point (my favorite) next time. :D

What did you do today? ;)

Down here wishing I was up there.

3 laps in the pattern at The Grove in the archer.

Plane is in for annual. Should be done today or tomorrow

So, you get to be a test pilot real soon! Hope there's nothing amiss.

Our airplane is in spectacular shape and so far the mechanic has relayed that same message. Only small stuff so far.

So, you get to be a test pilot real soon! Hope there's nothing amiss.
There is some truth to what you say. A few years ago I flew my baby Beech after annual. Everything was good for 20 minutes or so then the engine started to run rough. I switched mags and found the problem was with the right mag. Flew home on the left mag. Found out the A&P who timed the engine did not tighten the hold down bolt and the mag vibrated out of time..:( He was very embarrassed and could not believe he made such a drastic mistake. We timed the mag and all was good. Sure glad the wife was not in the plane at that time.

House hold chores today, fly in the morning...:)

I was a wee bit nervous the first couple hours flying after my engine repairs. I stayed real close to the airport, just in case.

A lot of my flights are solo, so I like to keep current with my maneuvers once in a while. Did a few on Thursday out in the practice area.

Hydraulic Sys 1-2 Failure
V1 Cut
Engine Fire
Restarts
Evacs
Single-engine approach to mins
Single-engine go-around
Flap failures
Etc.

Already at the bar.

No one has flamed you for doing more cross country work yet.

Guess I should be thankful for that, eh? :eek:

It's mainly used for recreation and stress relief, but I try to fly one XC a month. Luscombes are a little uncomfortable for legs over two hours, at least for me.

Back