Living in Mobile Alabama

JoseCuervo

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
JoseCuervo
Any advice on what neighborhood and what part of town for a young, professional, single person to live?

Will include looking to buy a home and a commute to SE Mississippi.

Thanks for any insight and direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of folks live across the bay in Spanish Fort, Daphne, Fairhope, and other towns. But living there would just add to your commute time to SE MS. Great seafood! Downtown area has nice restored homes, and a lot going on there for entertainment/nightlife. I'm not familiar enough with other areas of Mobile to reside, so hopefully someone adds to this.

Any advice on what neighborhood and what part of town for a young, professional, single person to live?

Will include looking to buy a home and a commute to SE Mississippi.

Thanks for any insight and direction.

I've heard Daphne is a good place to live. Are you commuting to Hattiesburg?

I have nothing to offer other than saying we spent a couple of days there this summer on a road trip. I didn't really know what to expect, but liked it a lot. And, yes, the seafood was off the charts amazing.

I lived in Mobile for 3 months, during summer. I am NOT a city dweller. But I enjoyed the time I spent there.

The commute will be to Pascagoula.

How bad is commute from East Bay?

I also have nothing to add. We fly down to dauphine island for day trips. We are you coming here from? Im up in north ms. My sister in law is from mobile and her parents still live there. I'll pick her brain for ya.

I also have nothing to add. We fly down to dauphine island for day trips. We are you coming here from? Im up in north ms. My sister in law is from mobile and her parents still live there. I'll pick her brain for ya.

It's actually for my daughter. She is moving there in June.

She is looking to buy her first home, in a nice neighborhood, that will be fun for a young, single person.

With a reasonable commute.

She's been living in Northern California.

It's actually for my daughter. She is moving there in June.

She is looking to buy her first home, in a nice neighborhood, that will be fun for a young, single person.

With a reasonable commute.

She's been living in Northern California.

With that info, I am doubling down on the eastern shore. Daphne, Fairhope etc.

Just to close the loop, we went and visited Ocean Springs, MS, then Mobile, Alabama, and decided that she liked the Mississippi side of the Gulf better, so she bought in Ocean Springs.

Thanks all for the suggestions.

Back