He didn't show up on ADSB!!

I have to work today and tomorrow since management decided we could go down to single supervisor ops (translated: we work alone) for the four day weekend. So out of the four days, I'm working three of them. I've decided that I'm going to punch, in the mouth, the first person who got off all four days and asks me how my weekend went. ;)

Guy zips past me, probably didn't even file a flight plan on have a AOA on that bass boat ;)
The ironic thing is, I went on a day trip on a friend's 60-foot power boat, and he DID have the nautical equivalent of ADSB. He had a map screen that showed the positions, names, headings, and speeds of most of the boats in our vicinity. No bass boats, though....

Ron Wanttaja

I have to work today and tomorrow since management decided we could go down to single supervisor ops (translated: we work alone) for the four day weekend. So out of the four days, I'm working three of them. I've decided that I'm going to punch, in the mouth, the first person who got off all four days and asks me how my weekend went. ;)

Yeah but think of all that overtime pay you're getting. Oh that's right, you don't control for the faa...carry on.

Correct, I am however getting holiday pay which is almost $5 an hour more than my regular pay. So I got that goin' for me...which is nice. :rolleyes:

Correct, I am however getting holiday pay which is almost $5 an hour more than my regular pay. So I got that goin' for me...which is nice. :rolleyes:

$5 more an hour! Wow just like the Air Force huh. ;)

All that extra $$$ you might have enough for a Maui Wowie AOA! :D

So now I hope that you are beginning to see the validity of my "punch in the mouth" comment earlier. ;)

So now I hope that you are beginning to see the validity of my "punch in the mouth" comment earlier. ;)

Yeah, but anything aviation related you're gonna do shift work. Missed plenty in my USAF and airline days.

I think you've missed the point. Shift work isn't the issue. Working alone while the 5 levels and staff get four days off in a row is. Most aren't smart or mature enough to realize that not everyone got the long weekend that they did.

I have to work today and tomorrow since management decided we could go down to single supervisor ops (translated: we work alone) for the four day weekend.

"Four day weekend"? I only have 3 this week.

I think you've missed the point. Shift work isn't the issue. Working alone while the 5 levels and staff get four days off in a row is. Most aren't smart or mature enough to realize that not everyone got the long weekend that they did.

Oh I got what you meant, been there done that too. Are the all the AF controllers off and just you, the DOD dude, working? Guess it's weird cause you have a mix of controllers.

"Four day weekend"? I only have 3 this week.

Friday was a "family" day, otherwise known as a "let's turn this three day into a four day weekend." Military is occasionally really big on the "family."

Mark - Yes, just the civilians are working.

Guy zips past me, probably didn't even file a flight plan on have a AOA on that bass boat ;)

Hope y'all are having an awsome Memorial Day weekend!
He didn't show up on your ADS-B because everyone knows that you shut your transponder off when on the surface.

I am off till end of August if that makes you feel any better:mad:

Back