Texas American Flight Academy

Joanne the OP posted the question and does not seem to have followed up on any of the replies.

Also Joanne is listed as a male. Does anyone know any males named Joanne?

I met a guy one time and his name was Seven. He had 6 older siblings, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two and One.

These were first names and all went by their middle names.

Hey on a positive note, anyone remember the lengthy discussion a few weeks ago about the floor of Bravo airspace over Addison? Perhaps Joanne could let us know.
<----- always searching for that silver lining

Just a few comments based on my own experiences. Thousands of hours does not guarantee a good instructor. I've seen some low time instructors that were superb and I've seen some long time instructors that were not. The busy ones are probably busy for a reason. Ask around. You have to judge how well your instructor meshes with your learning style.

I agree wholeheartedly that no one should pay a huge chunk of money in advance. Silverstate helicopters comes to mind and many students learned that lesson the hard way.

I also second gliders as the initial flight rating. You learn the aerodynamics of flight without all the rest and then learn all the rest after knowing how to fly the wing. We (5C1) have two glider instructors that have experience as military pilots, one a test pilot school graduate, one a F-16 fighter weapons school patch wearer and airline pilot. I would venture to say you couldn't go wrong with either of them starting out a flying career.

Hi my son is research which flying school in America to take his PPL. Does anyone know about the Texas American Flight Academy?

I cannot evaluate the Texas American Academy, but you should be very careful with flight schools here in the US. Many have accepted large deposits from students and later went out of business leaving the students without training or their deposits.

Last edited:
Joanne the OP posted the question and does not seem to have followed up on any of the replies.

Also Joanne is listed as a male. Does anyone know any males named Joanne?
I agree that it could be a suspicious poster.
However, many Chinese also assume a European name, and they have one word for "he" and "she" (她), and one for "his" and "hers" (她的) so I've learned not to assume too much from a name/pronoun mismatch. The levels of English taught in Asia vary greatly. I'm sure @Sac Arrow could shed more light on this with his greater Asian experience.

However, many Chinese also assume a European name, and they have one word for "he" and "she" (她), and one for "his" and "hers" (她的) so I've learned not to assume too much from a name/pronoun mismatch. The levels of English taught in Asia vary greatly. I'm sure @Sac Arrow could shed more light on this with his greater Asian experience.

Admittedly Chinese is my weak point. I will say that in Vietnamese culture, class identifiers are based on age, not gender, and that is a concept that is difficult for Westerners to understand, particularly when it happens to be coincidentally gender aligned in nearly all Vietnamese-American interactions, e.g. older male 'anh' and younger female 'em.'

So Joanne, if she were to be Vietnamese and not Chinese, might correctly be addressed as 'anh' if she is in fact the elder even though no Vietnamese speaking Westerner could ever bring themselves to address a woman as 'anh,' or worse, a man as 'em.'

In any case, if she is second or third generation, her family was likely displaced during the mass exodus in 1975 and she would definitely NOT have a poster of Ho Chi Minh predominantly displayed in her living room. As to whether her family sided with Ngo Dinh Diem as the South Vietnamese leader up until the coup in 1963 is anyone's guess, as he was largely regarded by many at the time as a puppet of the United States.

I guess you would have to ask her that.

Yeah but Yingxia, my China born Chinese wife of nearly 15 years who took to calling herself Veronica several years ago, knows that she isn't a male. And I thankfully can confirm that fact.
She by the way is fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English. I meanwhile still struggle with English and embarrassingly after these 15 years of marital bliss know just a little Chinese. However I do know the words for he, she, them, theirs, you, your, me, mine, etc. I can also order a beer and most importantly I can tell my mother-in-law that her food tastes good. But I am always willing to listen to those with more knowledge on China and Chinese for I admittedly have not learned as much as I should have. Something I also failed to do with Korean during my 16 year marriage to my Korean first wife.

Thank you for the lesson on Asia.

I had to re-read this thread.

Joanne is golden.

Dina, however, I suspect, financed Pol Pot's government in Cambodia. That is where I think her allies rest. Saloth Sar, by his given name. I am always suspect by women named Dina. Veronica is the choice of Asians. Dina is the choice of Soviet nationalists masquerading as Cambodian. A former French colonial rule Indochinese country. Which, has a lot of gambling by the way.

I had to re-read this thread.

Joanne is golden.

Dina, however, I suspect, financed Pol Pot's government in Cambodia. That is where I think her allies rest. Saloth Sar, by his given name. I am always suspect by women named Dina. Veronica is the choice of Asians. Dina is the choice of Soviet nationalists masquerading as Cambodian. A former French colonial rule Indochinese country. Which, has a lot of gambling by the way.

So... how much have you had to smoke today?

Yeah but Yingxia, my China born Chinese wife of nearly 15 years who took to calling herself Veronica several years ago, knows that she isn't a male. And I thankfully can confirm that fact.
She by the way is fluent in Mandarin, Cantonese and English. I meanwhile still struggle with English and embarrassingly after these 15 years of marital bliss know just a little Chinese. However I do know the words for he, she, them, theirs, you, your, me, mine, etc. I can also order a beer and most importantly I can tell my mother-in-law that her food tastes good. But I am always willing to listen to those with more knowledge on China and Chinese for I admittedly have not learned as much as I should have. Something I also failed to do with Korean during my 16 year marriage to my Korean first wife.

Thank you for the lesson on Asia.

Bet you know how to answer "yes maam" real well! :D

I'm starting to wonder if this thread is just astroturfing gone horribly wrong for them.
Considering a year passed between the question and Dina's answer, it seems more likely a new marketing person went and started googling the business name. That's harmless enough. But claim to have no disappointed students in a $60,000 program that starts with zero flight experience defies all credibility.

Considering a year passed between the question and Dina's answer, it seems more likely a new marketing person went and started googling the business name. That's harmless enough. But claim to have no disappointed students in a $60,000 program that starts with zero flight experience defies all credibility.

Ah, didn't see the dates. Good catch. Seen a lot of astroturfing in other businesses so I wondered.

Back