Anyone want some Raisin Bran?

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
I thought I was out, and bought another big box. Then I realized I had a new unopened box.

Karen doesn't eat the stuff so, it looks like I'll be quite "regular" for at least a month.

Had a bowl for a midnight snack. LOL.

I don't like that stuff very much. Sometimes I get a box thinking I will eat the whole thing and I have one or two bowls and it just sits after that. Same with Wheaties usually but I am actually eating that daily right now. Weird huh? LOL Wheaties just tastes good again. Not sure why.

Your just feeling your oats, make that Wheaties. Must have bought into the ads when you were a kid. I'd have to put some bananas, blueberries, or strawberries in it to do it right.

I'm a cheerios guy but one of the very few ways I'll eat raisins is with Raisin Bran.

This is what I usually eat. I'll add raisins usually, sometimes blueberries, strawberries, or bananas, or any combo o those.

upload_2017-5-28_7-57-49.png

I like a Raisin Bran. The other breakfast cereals just are too sweet to me. If I didn't already have my Costco purchased post Raisin Bran, I would take you up on it.

Back when I used to eat cereal, I used to like that granola stuff the best, I forget what it was called but don't mistake it with the actual healthy stuff that may be on the shelves today. Raisin Bran was okay, as was the Tony the Tiger stuff. I absolutely HATED Cheerios. They wouldn't soak up the milk. They just floated on top.

Back when I used to eat cereal, I used to like that granola stuff the best, I forget what it was called but don't mistake it with the actual healthy stuff that may be on the shelves today. Raisin Bran was okay, as was the Tony the Tiger stuff. I absolutely HATED Cheerios. They wouldn't soak up the milk. They just floated on top.

Grape Nuts?
What a weird thing to call a cereal

Grape Nuts?
What a weird thing to call a cereal

Nonononono I hated Grape Nuts. I'm not sure the stuff is made anymore. It was much like trail mix, without the M&M's and raisins, held together by a sugary binder.

Honey Bunches of Oats?

Crispix is my fave, but I'll eat the heck out of some Raisin Bran. I'm a fan of many cereals.

Your just feeling your oats, make that Wheaties. Must have bought into the ads when you were a kid. I'd have to put some bananas, blueberries, or strawberries in it to do it right.

I can eat straight wheaties but must add sugar to raisin bran to make it tolerable. Add bananas to Cheerioa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't eaten cereal in years and years. I like Raisin Bran, but more inclined to Capt Crunch and Fruit Loops. I do take a big spoonful of wheat bran and wash it down with water after every meal for my fiber though. :cool:

Must add sugar! Or it's like eat by tree. Ark, I assume not that I would know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I ain't supposed to do sugar, as I eat an almond candy bar....

Back when the twins were babies, my wife had lost her job (her Air National Guard unit shut down) and as an E-5 I was trying unsuccessfully to make ends meet. We got on the WIC program. I had gubmint cheese, milk, peanut butter and Cheerios exclusively until my wife got hired by the Tucson ANG. To this day, I have not and will not, eat another Cheerio.

I can eat straight wheaties but must add sugar to raisin bran to make it tolerable.

16g of sugar per serving and you add more?:eek:
IMG_20140110_093114.jpg

....I absolutely HATED Cheerios. They wouldn't soak up the milk. They just floated on top.

Maybe those afraid to fly over water can just pack a bunch of boxes of cheerios in prep for a water ditching.

Raisin Bran with some dried cranberries. Like it a lot.

Cheers

Yeh that'll make ya poop alright! Poop, can I say that here? I mean, it's not derogatory or anything like that, so can I? Say poop?

We had another name for Grape Nuts. We called them rocks.

We used Corn Flakes to patch holes in sheet rock. Wheaties would do in a pinch.

Well I ain't supposed to do sugar, as I eat an almond candy bar....

Chase it with a Diet Coke. Cancels out the candy bar sugar & calories.
Every pilot stuck late night at an FBO with nothing but vending machines knows that. ;)

Chase it with a Diet Coke. Cancels out the candy bar sugar & calories.
Every pilot stuck late night at an FBO with nothing but vending machines knows that. ;)

Well I had cantaloupe prior so that would cancel it out. Right? :frown2: :biggrin:

Well I had cantaloupe prior so that would cancel it out. Right? :frown2: :biggrin:

Nice try.
The only thing cantaloupe cancels out is celery.
The official pilot's diet allows no substitutions for what comes out of the FBO machines. The FAA has regulations governing this apparently.

Nice try.
The only thing cantaloupe cancels out is celery.
The official pilot's diet allows no substitutions for what comes out of the FBO machines. The FAA has regulations governing this apparently.

But but I don't have a vending machine at home, and that's where I be....

But but I don't have a vending machine at home, and that's where I be....

It matters not. The FAA governs all aspects of a pilot's life (unless they fly under Basic Med or Light Sport when it's just a little)

Cheers

Ate about half a box since first post. Looks like I'll be able to fix the problem. Ha.

Back