New Tom Cruise Top Gun

The real star of Top Gun was the F-14 and, alas, they have all retired from film making.

There are some over in Iran that are available....whether they're airworthy or not I dunno.

upload_2017-5-27_8-48-23.png

And maybe for Kelly Mcgillis!
3bc22df3251b9907248b82c17f5da178

That's a hell of a handlebar she's sporting there!

And maybe for Kelly Mcgillis!
3bc22df3251b9907248b82c17f5da178

I didn't know she was a pilot? Looks like she's fixing to be at 13,000' for more than 30 minutes.

The one reason why this movie will suck is that we are no longer in the Cold War. We have no credible enemy with an Air Force that might stand a chance. Russia was perfect for an enemy in movies because they had a navy, Air Force and massive army with the added bonus they didn't live in caves.
The other reason is that in today's movie world they will have to fill half the movie with a gay character, a cross dresser, eleven "minority" characters, political drama, a ****y boss and a youth who will save the day. You will be able to tell exactly what will happen throughout the movie from the first three minutes.

Oh, and the soundtrack is going to suck. Going to be nothing but rap crap.

He should do it in his Mustang. Shoot down Travolta's jet. Scientology air battle ON!

Oh, the soundtrack? You really have to ask...

Ron approves.

l-ron-hubbard-quote-battlefield-earth.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully at least if Top Gun 2 doesn't work out we'll get a Hot Shots 2 out of it

Heard it is going to be a remake of the original with all female pilots.

Cue volleyball scene.

Heard it is going to be a remake of the original with all female pilots.

Cue volleyball scene.

That would be nice but they'd have to use another court. The volleyball courts are gone. It was only about 50 meters from my barracks but it is now an AT&T building.

If the studio's had sack, make it about Vietnam, the problems with the belief that the missile era ended the need for cannons. Now you can have even have pop tunes... from the sixties! and there are plenty of real life amazing hair raising drama to draw from. Crooze can be a retired museum docent at the beginning. LOL
And the F-4 is a gorgeous aircraft.

Top Gun 2
Trivia
Showing all 4 items
Tony Scott was setting up this film project as his next directorial project, but sadly, a day before he was scheduled to meet with Tom Cruise about the project Scott committed suicide, leaving the project unknown in its development status. According to the project's producer Jerry Bruckheimer, the project is still in the works to happen.

It is rumored that the plot will be centered around drone warfare.

Tom Cruise (Maverick) is now older in real life than Tom Skerrit (Viper) was in the original Top Gun

Will reportedly involve unmanned aerial vehicles and will depict "an end of an era of dogfighting and fighter pilots," as the world's powers make the switch to remotely flown, computer aided drones.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745960/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Top Gun 2
Trivia
Showing all 4 items
Tony Scott was setting up this film project as his next directorial project, but sadly, a day before he was scheduled to meet with Tom Cruise about the project Scott committed suicide, leaving the project unknown in its development status. According to the project's producer Jerry Bruckheimer, the project is still in the works to happen.

It is rumored that the plot will be centered around drone warfare.

Tom Cruise (Maverick) is now older in real life than Tom Skerrit (Viper) was in the original Top Gun

Will reportedly involve unmanned aerial vehicles and will depict "an end of an era of dogfighting and fighter pilots," as the world's powers make the switch to remotely flown, computer aided drones.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1745960/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv
The worst plot ever written!

Here is the big drama scene-
Oh no! They just shot down my drone! Bob, get me another drone on my screen while I get up and take a potty break, need some more Mountain Dew and chips as well.

The worst plot ever written!

Here is the big drama scene-
Oh no! They just shot down my drone! Bob, get me another drone on my screen while I get up and take a potty break, need some more Mountain Dew and chips as well.
Yeah, if that's really the plot, I will pass.

Drones have all the excitement and sex appeal of a Bissell vacuum cleaner.

There are some over in Iran that are available....whether they're airworthy or not I dunno.

View attachment 53866

Funny you should mention that, My father-in-law was in the foreign sales office when the F-14's went over there. (Long before I got married but he did live next door) I have several Imperial Iranian Air Force stickers from that time.

I'll 2nd the Fox 4! I'd say bad ass better though than gorgeous.
True, great airplane. Gorgeous? Well, you don't have to agree. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I, for some reason, like them a lot.
And hey, they still sell rides on them. When they find something terminal in me, I'm blowing the cash and going up in one! :)

If they had made the dogfights realistic, everyone would have been bored to death. The goal was to take something that occurs miles away and bring it in close so the audience can better understand. Even the pilots who were part of the filming were impressed with the end result. With the advent of CGI, no one goes to those lengths anymore in aerial photography.

I was never a fan of the original Top Gun movie, nor Tom Cruise. Some of the flying scenes were pretty cool though. CGI is a pet peeve of mine, and I just can't stand the use of it. Hollywood seems to be obsessed with CGI, so I watch less, and less.

I liked Mrs Goose.

Shows you just how long ago that movie was made that she played a bit part. If it had been a few years later she'd have played the lead instead of McGillis.

Shows you just how long ago that movie was made that she played a bit part. If it had been a few years later she'd have played the lead instead of McGillis.

She was just saving herself for when she met Harry. LOL.

I'll 2nd the Fox 4! I'd say bad ass better though than gorgeous.
Always thought is was gorgeous myself ... I was just a kid when it was still the **** and it kind of defined bas a$$ plane to me.

Always thought is was gorgeous myself ... I was just a kid when it was still the **** and it kind of defined bas a$$ plane to me.

I will say it and the F-105 were my favorites when I was in the USAF. I was around F-4s for 20 years, love watching them in the pattern. And the Thunderbirds (and Blue Angels) put on a hell of a show in their Phantoms.

So yeah, I'll change it to gorgeous in a very badass AND VERY LOUD way. Love the jet noise myself. :yes:

upload_2017-6-2_6-42-18.png upload_2017-6-2_6-42-44.png upload_2017-6-2_6-43-17.png

Last edited:
Don't know if they still do it at Miramar, but they used to have a TV / DVD setup at the BX entrance. Played Top Gun non stop. Every single day. Did it at Cecil Field BX back in the day as well. Must have been some sort of base order. :D

I loved Top Gun when it came out, but if the sequel is about drones I will pass. I just can't believe that's true.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't know if they still do it at Miramar, but they used to have a TV / DVD setup at the BX entrance. Played Top Gun non stop. Every single day. Did it at Cecil Field BX back in the day as well. Must have been some sort of base order. :D

Don't remember ever seeing such a thing while I was stationed at Miramar. But the gate guards did give me a rash of **** trying to bring my un-SMOG'd, Oregon plated (no smog requirement) M3 onto base back then. That was some sort of a base order, i.e. all base-registered vehicles would meet CA smog standards, regardless of requirements in registered state. I finally got a certificate that it had "passed" and they gave me window decals and no more trouble.

Back