Local drug store in nearby town...

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
So wife and were at the counter waiting on our milkshakes and I noticed this sign by the door.

drug store.JPG

Well, he is a wise guy of sorts.

Just because I'm of Italian descent you say that? I know people in Joisey you know what I'm saying. ;)

th

Last edited:
My father's drug store was the very last one in this area to feature a soda shop. He said its didn't really make any money but brought folks in. The first thing done by the store's buyers was to tear that thing out.

My father's drug store was the very last one in this area to feature a soda shop. He said its didn't really make any money but brought folks in. The first thing done by the store's buyers was to tear that thing out.

Same here. Great-grandfather/Grandfather had the corner drug store/soda shop that is still in operation today. Soda shop is long gone, and drug store is owned by a non-family member. It's still a staple in the small town and when people from the area hear my last name, stories of the drug store/soda shop always come up.

My parents still have one of the old sea foam green Hamilton Beach malt machines that works like new. It's been preordained that I get possession of said item in their will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our little country gas station/convenience store/pizza place guy says the same thing about his soft serve machine. It's operational from Spring until Fall and folks just stop into the store just to have an ice cream and chat. We ran into our across the road neighbor on Saturday, doing just that.

It didn't have a soda shop but in a town about forty miles from me CVS or Rite Aid, not sure which, tried to put a local drugstore out of business by buying the building he was in and evicting him. The owner bought a store a few doors away and moved. The big guys failed. Thirty years later he's still in business and well supported by the locals. He who laughs last...........

It didn't have a soda shop but in a town about forty miles from me CVS or Rite Aid, not sure which, tried to put a local drugstore out of business by buying the building he was in and evicting him. The owner bought a store a few doors away and moved. The big guys failed. Thirty years later he's still in business and well supported by the locals. He who laughs last...........

I normally don't have issues with any of the big chains in any business segment until they try crap like that.

Back