Feral hog hunting by hot air balloon--what could go wrong?

How original, nothing like a set of propane burners blasting away at 150db to call the coyotes and hogs in. :rolleyes:

Somebody's gonna make a ton of money on a bunch of naive hunters by conning them into the new sport of "hot air hunting". :rofl:

Me thinks I'll just stick with my FLIR system. :yesnod:

Never seen a hog or coyote look up at a plane or a helicopter. I have seen them run when the shooting starts.

My question is can the balloon be a tethered balloon..?

If you have never lost 50 acres of a hay field overnight by hogs the you don't live in rural Texas.

Very doable with large enough property and habitat huntable from the air. Balloon will be silent enough.

Kill every feral hog and yote you can, by any means necessary.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here in Texas there's a proposal being kicked around to poison hogs, and the snowflakes are in a spinning tizzy.

They've never seen what damage they cause.

Sounds more like a job for a tethered gas balloon. Just don't shoot off your tether.

Here in Texas there's a proposal being kicked around to poison hogs, and the snowflakes are in a spinning tizzy.

They've never seen what damage they cause.

I'd be concerned about collateral damage.

BTW a nice accurized AR and a hot hair ballon and a bunch of hogs, sounds like a hell of a afternoon.

Cool. Now I HAVE to get that hot air ballloon certificate!
You'd make a fortune taking easy money from naive wannabe hunters. Just don't tell them that feral hogs have an acute sense of hearing, smell, and their eyesight isn't all that bad either. When you blast those propane burners (that can be heard for miles), tell your hunting party that's how you call the hogs in. Ohhh... and if you really want to call them in, tell your hunting party they need to take out their iPhones and play "what does the fox say" over and over and over. :rofl:

You'd make a fortune taking easy money from naive wannabe hunters. Just don't tell them that feral hogs have an acute sense of hearing, smell, and their eyesight isn't all that bad either. When you blast those propane burners (that can be heard for miles), tell your hunting party that's how you call the hogs in. Ohhh... and if you really want to call them in, tell your hunting party they need to take out their iPhones and play "what does the fox say" over and over and over. :rofl:

Have you ever flown a hot air balloon 1500 miles? Solo? When you post we can certainly hear something from a loooooong way...

A hot air balloon may be a more stable platform, but I would be concerned that it would be too slow.

Sounds more like a job for a tethered gas balloon. Just don't shoot off your tether.
Sounds like it would work tethered. Sorta like a tree stand with better visibility. I worked with a guy from TX. He said the hog population is out of control. He also said the meat is not worth eating??

Sounds like it would work tethered. Sorta like a tree stand with better visibility. I worked with a guy from TX. He said the hog population is out of control. He also said the meat is not worth eating??

We used to eat feral hogs, but because of parasites and infections, wild hogs can be carriers of disease. Swine brucellosis and pseudorabies are the biggest problem because of the ease with which they can be transmitted.

Just not worth taking a chance.

Yes, a couple feral hogs would really fill up a freezer.

Back