Twin Beech Takeoff and Landing

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
First off, I apologize upfront for the crude editing. This is literally my first video edit of our short flight this weekend from Cheseapeake over to the Military Aviation Museum for the Warbirds over the Beach show.

Combined video from two GoPros. One for the cockpit and one belly cam.

No cool music, other than the sounds of two R-985s.

Amazing! Thanks for sharing that.

Way cool..!!!

How did you arrange the timing so the shadow of the plane would be in perfect position for the landing..??

Way cool..!!!

How did you arrange the timing so the shadow of the plane would be in perfect position for the landing..??
Pure luck. It also helped minimize the fact that I flared 2-3 feet high and kind of dropped it in at end.

Great video. Beech 18s are such great airplanes. I miss seeing them flying everywhere, working for their upkeep, like they did when I was a kid. I'd love to fly one again someday enough to be at least semi-proficient.

Nothing to apologize about, that was a great video!

Liar! :D
It's cut you ain't got no oil-maker on the nose.
Well, somewhat true. That area will get a little bit of oil over time, but nothing like you get on the flaps directly behind the nacelles. I usually clean the belly with WashWaxALL every 10 hours to keep it all nice and shiny.

awesome vid!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

First off, I apologize upfront for the crude editing. This is literally my first video edit of our short flight this weekend from Cheseapeake over to the Military Aviation Museum for the Warbirds over the Beach show.

Combined video from two GoPros. One for the cockpit and one belly cam.

No cool music, other than the sounds of two R-985s.

Loved...

1) the airplane
2) you did a great job piloting. And I mean that.
3) loved your panel

Also noticed checking position with a downwind airplane. Shouldn't that be automatic with radio calls?? Why would you need to confer??
Kind of an abreviated ATITAPA??

Also noticed checking position with a downwind airplane. Shouldn't that be automatic with radio calls?? Why would you need to confer??
Kind of an abreviated ATITAPA??
It was a unique/non-standard situation.

The Va Beach airport is a private field only open to the public a couple days a year for the air shows. The CTAF freq is shared with ONX only 15 miles away and a bunch of people were getting stepped on to where it was getting hard to tell who was at what airport.

Also, because of the air show, they had the Air Boss stood up acting as a quasi-tower. My query as to if there was anyone else ahead of us was primarily directed at him.

I had previously seen the P-51, but he was so wide, I honestly didn't think he was 'in the pattern' (we were literally 1/3rd of the lateral separation between him and the runway).

So basically between the freq congestion and mix of biplanes, fighters and other GA arrivals, I thought it prudent.

Back