The thread to follow up on stuff in...

I bet. The news that all the windows were leaking for the pressurization sounded to me like... "Yep, he's going to do the interior, too." :)

I really want to see his airplane fly when he gets done but the cash he's having to throw into it is a warning for the unprepared, that's for sure.

I don't know who his "80 year old expert" was who was doing his test flights with him, but assume he's been around the block on Commanders a few times. I got a chuckle out of him in the right seat in one of the videos.

I also noticed he made @stratobee slow down a bit on gear retraction at takeoff... it's just a technique thing but he made me cringe watching the Aerostar videos when he'd slap them up at liftoff when he had lots of runway remaining...but whatever... like I say, just a technique thing... and his AStar went up a lot better than than anything I've flown... :)

Really I just have a secret love for Rockwell stuff... but not the piece tags to maintain them... shhhh... I can hear my wallet whimpering from my back pocket and little sobs coming from back there any time I mention it. Hahahah.

These birds ain't cheap, and one with a low price of entry is guaranteed to cost you a lot soon. Even ones that are more expensive can cost a pretty penny. A lot of folks go in and think the purchase price is it, when in reality the purchase price is the cheapest part of it for the cheap birds.

These birds ain't cheap, and one with a low price of entry is guaranteed to cost you a lot soon. Even ones that are more expensive can cost a pretty penny. A lot of folks go in and think the purchase price is it, when in reality the purchase price is the cheapest part of it for the cheap birds.

Unless one is buying a new Cirrus, a la mulligan, the purchase price seems to be the cheapest part of any airplane acquisition. :cool:

In keeping with the theme of the first post, has anybody heard from the monkey recently?

In keeping with the theme of the first post, has anybody heard from the monkey recently?
I am starting the rumor that he overdosed and was literally swept under the carpet and covered up.

currently in a three-way love triangle. find out who's the real father on Jerry Springer!

It is amazing. Other than my #6 CHT a little high on climb out, the plane is a dream to fly. It has helped me build the confidence to raise my minimums because it handles winds so much better than my 206 did. A nice little bonus is the extra speed wit the reduced fuel consumption. What a difference it makes flying LOP outside of the red fin in a continental vs ROP in the lycoming. 30kts faster with 8GPH less fuel.

Oh, and the wife looks pretty good inside it

It is amazing. Other than my #6 CHT a little high on climb out, the plane is a dream to fly. It has helped me build the confidence to raise my minimums because it handles winds so much better than my 206 did. A nice little bonus is the extra speed wit the reduced fuel consumption. What a difference it makes flying LOP outside of the red fin in a continental vs ROP in the lycoming. 30kts faster with 8GPH less fuel.

Oh, and the wife looks pretty good inside it
DO you have red carpet and water bottles waiting for you when you fly it? LOL

It's a cirrus. If I am departing it's red carpet and water bottles but when we return it's red carpet and red wine.
SO all Cirrus pilots get treated this way? And I thought 6PC was special. lol

Yeah that was the impetus for starting this thread... so who else haven't we heard from lately?

I am starting the rumor that he overdosed and was literally swept under the carpet and covered up.

Lost a little turtle that way when I was a kid. That little bugger was great escape and hiding artist, unfortunately he wasn't good at planning on how to survive alone, under that carpet, in a house.

Ok, MEPS accepted my aviation physical. It was current and included everything the MEPS physical had and more. All I used MEPS for was taking the oath.

Do they require passing the Marine physical fitness test with the application?

Marines are a little weird with their whole process, especially for officers, (and even more so for aviation officers). It seems like the physical fitness test is separate completely from MEPS. I use that for my boards application, which (according to my understanding) is like a final review process and maybe an interview.

I also don't swear in until I take my commission as an officer at the end of officer candidate school. So technically, I could just quit at any point during officer candidate school without any commitment (I assume they don't want any officers who don't want to be Marines).

Marines are a little weird with their whole process, especially for officers, (and even more so for aviation officers). It seems like the physical fitness test is separate completely from MEPS. I use that for my boards application, which (according to my understanding) is like a final review process and maybe an interview.

I also don't swear in until I take my commission as an officer at the end of officer candidate school. So technically, I could just quit at any point during officer candidate school without any commitment (I assume they don't want any officers who don't want to be Marines).

That's makes sense. I was a warrant so I took the oath of enlistment since we were basically E-5s in WOCS. Upon graduation we took the oath of office for WO1 appointment.

PFT was separate from MEPS as well. Had to schedule with the recruiter and submit it with my packet. Actually did two separate PFTs back to back. First day did Army and the next day the Marines. Oddly enough, made a 297 on both. :D

Back