One Man's Observation

I find it interesting that you were the only one to respond. Everyone else ignored it. I am going to keep reading to find out his rationale for compassion after making that statement.
One or two others responded later on.

One or two others responded later on.
Yeah, the first comment was kind of missed. Several others called him on it after he elaborated. He was very convinced of his own perspective, kind of fascinating to read.

We need a poll to determine who we'd most like to see return.
Henning
R&W
Ron Levy
mscard
???

R&W can return anytime as he left voluntarily (i.e. Just stopped posting). I hope he does return.

R&W can return anytime as he left voluntarily (i.e. Just stopped posting). I hope he does return.

Yeah. Even though I enjoyed the insanity that was Henning and the wackiness that was mscard, I'd go for R&W as well. He was a great source of knowledge. One of the best on here.

Also, if people are searching in the archives to find the post(s) that might have gotten someone banned, they are almost always removed from view.

Diversity makes this place work.

The MC has made it clear they only cater to specific sorts of people and want it that way.

They also truly believe the place doesn't work with the other folks here.

The place is most definitely NOT about diversity. Not even close.

The MC has made it clear they only cater to specific sorts of people and want it that way.

They also truly believe the place doesn't work with the other folks here.

The place is most definitely NOT about diversity. Not even close.

What do you mean by diversity? I've recently learned that it has many meanings but also none at the same time. :dunno: It's pretty complicated.

Sorry, I needed some levity. :loco:

Mostly accurate but it's North Houston not DFW. :thumbsup:

Edit: ok so I went and read the refurbishing old airplanes thread and wth now I know why people thought I was azblackbird.

We both are using section 179s with our business to get our airplanes and we are both into IT and we are both smart @$$es:eek:

I think the extensive use of "peanut gallery" was another clue.

The obscure IRS tax loophole I was referring to is the 1031 exchange. Not a smart strategy.

But, the IT company I mentioned to truly is mine and here in DFW.

I think the extensive use of "peanut gallery" was another clue.

The obscure IRS tax loophole I was referring to is the 1031 exchange. Not a smart strategy.

But, the IT company I mentioned to truly is mine and here in DFW.
Huh apparently there are a lot of people with similar circumstances to me then.

Do you really think it's appropriate for a Commercial Pilot (I think) to joke about killing all his passengers?

I don't.

The luxury of not having the time to read every single post ... I don't recall that thread.

@Frogs97 there's nothing obscure about section 1031. It's been an IRS code since the 1920's. Many businesses small and large benefit everyday from doing like kind exchanges, whether it's equipment, airplanes, or real property. Just wondering where you get off thinking it's some sort of loophole, and why you think it's not a smart business strategy? :rolleyes:

Anywho ... when it was still around, I may have spent a grand total of 5 minutes in the Spin Zone. I had no interest in any of the mess that was going on in there. But it does seem that, since the decision was made to shut down the SZ , we have attracted a much lower caliber of colorful character than the colorful characters we had in the past.

The AOPA board in its two incarnations covered the whole spectrum from almost no moderation to the bland white bread it is today. Almost a linear relationship between level of moderation and lack of interesting color.

Henning did seem to have a strong streak of nihilism. While he held forth on a great number of topics, I can promise you he was not expert in at leasts some of the things in which he claimed expertise. Sorry, I caught him out on a number of occasions.

Still the board is rescued. Steingar has returned. That is all.

I'm happy you are back.
I missed meeting you at osh last year by a half hour.

Back