Paved runways under 1500'

TheGolfPilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Golfpilot
does anyone know of any paved runways under 1500' in the U.S.? I'm curious what it looks like on the sectional

Tellico Plains is 1500 paved. DOn't know any offhand that are below though

The way I read it is they are displayed on the sectional just like soft surface. "Soft surfaced runway, or hard surfaced runway less than 1500' in length." I don't know of any.

Was just going to say Tellico Plains, not far from me. It's a 1500' paved with turf at either end. It's listed as a PVT field on the sectional but the identifier is 85TN.

Bold up in Alaska is 1000'. But it isn't paved. I think its the shortest public charted airstrip. Shortest I know of anyway.

Bold up in Alaska is 1000'. But it isn't paved. I think its the shortest public charted airstrip. Shortest I know of anyway.

I have landed a few times at Bold. Land long and go swimming....:)

I have been to shorter strips but I am not sure if they were public or private. Most shorter ones I have been to were not on the chart, and not paved.

Here's a search: http://www.gcr1.com/5010WEB/advancedsearch.cfm

Unfortunately, nearly all results I saw were helipads and I don't see a way to exclude them.
However, I did find Barker Creek Ranch Airstrip - NV31
it's private 1350 ft paved. It's shown with the same symbol as a private non-paved field.

Harris Hill (4NY8) in Elmira NY is another. Two parallel 1,100 foot paved runways for glider ops; just shown on the sectional as private

Back