STEC 30 Connector

Steven8385

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Steven8385
I am trying to find the diagram for wiring a stec 30. I have the wiring schematic but can't seem to find the connector diagram so you know what connector to put the pin to. Can anyone help?

Okay didn't know they were labeled on the connector. None of the connectors I have ever done were labeled they always had a schematic that went with the connector itself. That would be outstanding if that were the case

Okay didn't know they were labeled on the connector. None of the connectors I have ever done were labeled they always had a schematic that went with the connector itself. That would be outstanding if that were the case

Everything I have ever seen used in aircraft are molded into the housing (or inked) adjacent to the contact holes, should labeled where the contact is inserted and the opposite side where the contact is exposed when seated. Be very darn careful and don't let a caption on a table fool you as there was one mislabeled in a manual that stated "view looking into the tray" IIRC and showed contact locations of the connector on a blown up drawing which he used by just counting holes, but the drawing was actually showing the opposite side of the connector. That dude fried a $10k GPS because he didn't get a magnifier and confirm the location numbers molded into the connector matched that drawing. Thankfully I read that over on vansairforce.net and got read about someone's goof up and it didn't happen to me.

Just email or call them..every time I ever asked for help the guy at Genesys was really helpful.

Aren't these DB-50 connectors? If you're looking at the male connector from the pins side holding it so the wider part of the ]shell is up, then the top left pin is #1 and they go up along the row and then down to the subsequent rows:
dsub50m.gif

The female connector is the mirror image of course. Pin one is on the upper left, etc...
dsub50f.gif

Some of the cables are 37 pin but the numbering scheme is similar.

Back