One Man's Observation

Frogs97

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Frogs97
I've been around these parts for a few years, even though I rarely post. I've had less time to be on here since I've started my company refurbishing old aircraft that can handle severe icing for clients that want to use obscure loopholes in the tax code, that were originally intended for real estate transactions, to trade up in planes so they can bring their underage girlfriends into the country from Mexico. Actually, what I started is an IT Services firm here in DFW, but only because I am apparently too much of a rube to figure out how to make money on the former idea.

Anywho ... when it was still around, I may have spent a grand total of 5 minutes in the Spin Zone. I had no interest in any of the mess that was going on in there. But it does seem that, since the decision was made to shut down the SZ , we have attracted a much lower caliber of colorful character than the colorful characters we had in the past. I know correlation <> causation, but it sure seems that we're in a sad state right now. I'm with @SixPappaCharlie, I find myself missing Henning more and more these days.

I miss Henning a great deal; but he's gone because it is what he chose.

Henning is gone because he chose to leave,

Or he is gone because what he chose to post?

Not trying to start a debate, just curious.

TBH I have no idea what Henning posted to get himself banned.

He seems a decent ish fellow in the highly offensive Facebook group.

I've been around these parts for a few years, even though I rarely post. I've had less time to be on here since I've started my company refurbishing old aircraft that can handle severe icing for clients that want to use obscure loopholes in the tax code, that were originally intended for real estate transactions, to trade up in planes so they can bring their underage girlfriends into the country from Mexico. Actually, what I started is an IT Services firm here in DFW, but only because I am apparently too much of a rube to figure out how to make money on the former idea.

Anywho ... when it was still around, I may have spent a grand total of 5 minutes in the Spin Zone. I had no interest in any of the mess that was going on in there. But it does seem that, since the decision was made to shut down the SZ , we have attracted a much lower caliber of colorful character than the colorful characters we had in the past. I know correlation <> causation, but it sure seems that we're in a sad state right now. I'm with @SixPappaCharlie, I find myself missing Henning more and more these days.

Mostly accurate but it's North Houston not DFW. :thumbsup:

Edit: ok so I went and read the refurbishing old airplanes thread and wth now I know why people thought I was azblackbird.

We both are using section 179s with our business to get our airplanes and we are both into IT and we are both smart @$$es:eek:

Last edited:
Mostly accurate but it's North Houston not DFW. :thumbsup:

Edit: ok so I went and read the refurbishing old airplanes thread and wth now I know why people thought I was azblackbird.

We both are using section 179s with our business to get our airplanes and we are both into IT and we are both smart @$$es:eek:

Smart is not the word I'd use in front of that other word.... in at least one of your cases. :D

Henning lost me when he said he could do a better job killing his passengers than that suicidal pilot in the Alps.

And that he'd be doing them a favor.

Even in jest a reprehensible thought to put out there.

His gem:

"Oh, I can, no worries. If I ever commit suicide, I plan to take way more.

...if I'm committing suicide, God is in no laughing mood, I'd be doing the people a favor with a quick painless death while screwing myself."

His gem:

...if I'm committing suicide, God is in no laughing mood, I'd be doing the people a favor with a quick painless death while screwing myself."
Yea I remember that. That was a head scratcher for sure:confused:

Well people are quite sensitive little flowers these days, lest we offend the easily offended.

I've had many private conversations with Henning on flying and boating and find him to be knowledgeable and funny. He's an expert on many topic but he is definitely his favorite.

This thread reminds me of when guys sometimes (usually after a few drinks) start thinking about their exes.

"You know, she wasn't so bad. I think I might have made a mistake there - maybe I should give her a call..."

That's about the time I smack the phone out of the guy's hand. Yes, it WAS that bad. She was a complete ****ing dumpster fire, but human nature is such that time erases the crap memories.

Henning was fun to have around because the regulars knew he was 80% full of crap and it was entertaining to watch. But I also completely understand why he's gone - he was a disservice to this board for anyone coming to PoA for actual, usable information.

This thread reminds me of when guys sometimes (usually after a few drinks) start thinking about their exes.

"You know, she wasn't so bad. I think I might have made a mistake there - maybe I should give her a call..."

That's about the time I smack the phone out of the guy's hand. Yes, it WAS that bad. She was a complete ****ing dumpster fire, but human nature is such that time erases the crap memories.

Henning was fun to have around because the regulars knew he was 80% full of crap and it was entertaining to watch. But I also completely understand why he's gone - he was a disservice to this board for anyone coming to PoA for actual, usable information.

Aw, c'mon.

Hydrogen has saved the world, right?

Oh well.

His gem:

Henning's posts were entertaining, but needed to be, at times, taken with considerably more than a grain of salt. Some were serious, others were far off the wall. I'm certain he was joking when he posted that.

The other side of the coin was Rotor and Wing. His posts were always serious and informative. Some were hostile toward his knowledge of the FAR's but listened to him anyway.

There are/have been those who liked to inject humor, even the locker room variety, and those who took offense at that while others laughed.

Can't please everyone. The sensitivity some profess to claim seems unasked for. Others take things in stride.

IMO, the answer is simple. If you don't like what is posted here, barring outright obscenity and discriminatory personal attacks, find another forum that suits your mindset.

one thing about Henning,he always had an opinion,wether you liked it or not.Diversity makes this place work.

R&W invited me to dinner a while back, unfortunately I was moving to Denver 2 days before he was going to be in the US. I would have definitely taken up the offer.

I used to think like that, but over the years, I have noticed that words have power, both for good and for ill.

Rebuttal:

They may be simply words but lacking the context of facial expression and body language they are often taken wrong. One very competent IP comes to mind. Great instructor but his replies on the net were less than desirable due to his choice of words.

I used to think like that, but over the years, I have noticed that words have power, both for good and for ill.

Words are behind almost every human conflict, from business or personal disagreement, to divorce; they have been the inciting factor in many murders, has probably been behind major political changes of power; likely wars.
Yes words are hugely powerful and we must not take what we say lightly.

I don't either, but, was that what was said?
Yes

Yes

Oh COME ON... who amongst us hasn't made glib jokes about killing a planeload of passengers intentionally?

Dear FAA, the above sentence is sarcasm. I like my PPL and my airplane. Please don't take them away. kthx

Yes

I don't think he was joking at all. But he also wasn't announcing his intentions. He was simply voicing an opinion that flowed from his worldview about the meaning of life and what follows. In the few posts I read, he had a very firm opinion about spiritual matters and how they affect our life here.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't think he was joking at all. But he also wasn't announcing his intentions. He was simply voicing an opinion that flowed from his worldview about the meaning of life and what follows. In the few posts I read, he had a very firm opinion about spiritual matters and how they affect our life here.
It was a very strange post IMO. He was an interesting character.

Back