SI renewal question - OSA

Old97

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Old97
So it is time to send in my CPAP report and doctors letter for my annual authorization.

what the doctor gave me is a copy of his notes, rather than a true letter. it mentions surgery I had in late 2016 - "distal clavical resection" I think it says - in the history portion of the notes. otherwise it says I am well-treated, compliant, alert, handsome, etc.

if i send this to OKC will they issue my paper, or balk and ask for info about my (very successful) surgery?

Did you report the surgery in the past? Go back to,the doctor and explain you need a letter that is limited only to the CPAP.

What Murphey said. Perhaps bring a copy of the prior letters he provided and ask that he use that as a template, updated with new info and exam date.

What they said - you'll need a current(within the last 90 days) status report saying "Well treated, compliant, no excessive daytime sleepiness, handsome, and has good posture."

You also need the printed report from the machine showing the last year of data, at >6hrs/night over 75% of nights (Or is it 70%? I can never remember.)

and ... "no evident of right heart problems" and I know that's not the right words, but if you search on this section you can find Doc Bruce's post that notes the correct words to say on that topic.

So I needed a new doc. Mine quit the business. I got a 365 day report <1 week old showing 100% compliance with > 7 hrs/night sleep. I actually typed the letter with Bruce's 4 stipulations and my (new) sleep doc signed it last week on his office letterhead. Here's the letter:

To whom it may concern:

My patient, Old97 has been diagnosed and is being treated for obstructive sleep apnea. After careful review of his 365 day compliance report history and an in-office consultation, Old 97:
  1. Is compliant with CPAP therapy,
  2. Appears well rested,
  3. Has no apparent tendency greater than normal to fall asleep, and
  4. has no exam findings of right heart failure.
Sincerely,

Sleep Doc
Boom, medical issued via Dr. C. On Wednesday I got my flight review with a 94 YO ex-military pilot CFI: Darrel.IMG_5695.JPG
I'd never done a Chandelle before, but he showed me that & more!

94 years old and still raising hell? Awesome!

Oh, and congrats in the renewal, too!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back