Mooney on a trailer

fudge80

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
fudge80
Saw this Mooney advertised on a farm auction a couple weeks ago. It showed the pieces in the weeds on someone's farm. I couldn't think of a bigger headache than buying something like that.

Today, one of my good customers stopped by with two trailers:

mooney_2.jpg

mooney.jpg

Well, that'll keep him busy for awhile. Younger guy, not a pilot, just put a lowball offer in on it and wound up with it haha.

Story goes the guy he bought it from bought it 5 years ago in pieces from someone in Arizona. N-Number is registered to someone in Nevada. Probably will never fly again.

Never say never.....

It would make good yard art.....assemble the plane minus engine, avionics and mount the prop on a piece of pipe with bearings and let the wind turn the prop......or even better mount the assembly on top a barn for a wind indicator.....

Just imagine spending endless hours reassembling it only to find the fuel tanks leak and another big job to fix.

Just imagine spending endless hours reassembling it only to find the fuel tanks leak and another big job to fix.

Big job, PIA, but it's cheap do it yourself, if the wing is corrosion free I would strip the tanks but not seal them, the sealant supposedly dries out. In that condition it would be worth some $.

I want it! Spare parts, and I want to mount the tail to my hangar roof at a 45 degree angle.

Man id take it and put that fuselage in a tree and make it a deer stand!

It's a Mooney. Not enough room inside for you, your gun, ammunition and a beverage all at the same time. :rolleyes:

You need to look for a wrecked Caravan. ;)

Man id take it and put that fuselage in a tree and make it a deer stand!

Good idea..!! Any deer that comes across a plane stuck in a tree will not think about hunters but instead will approach and look for suriviors....

Here's my Navion on a single trailer...
32389293084_58b0e48e2b.jpg

How's that coming along, Ron? Or are you still asking for all of the parts back from the NTSB?

Back