Plane down near KIOW

Heart. Broken. I was with him the last time I flew. Tremendous loss all around. Blue skies my friend.

I'm confused by the accident. A very experienced CFII on board but from the pics it looks like it hit real hard. Maybe that's due to the fire though. I've spent a lot of time flying that area, lots of nice flat fields to land in an emergency. If it were engine trouble, he very likely would have been fine I think. So what does that leave... Practicing stalls and it got away? Flight control issue?

I'm confused by the accident. A very experienced CFII on board but from the pics it looks like it hit real hard. Maybe that's due to the fire though. I've spent a lot of time flying that area, lots of nice flat fields to land in an emergency. If it were engine trouble, he very likely would have been fine I think. So what does that leave... Practicing stalls and it got away? Flight control issue?

I have been thinking the same thing. There is nothing left. Something went wrong fast.

Sad to hear. I Knew Terry from my days flying at Green castle. Really unique club which I enjoyed very much. Friend of a friend was one of Terry's current students. Understand he is definitely reconsidering training now. Hard to blame him.

Sad to hear. I Knew Terry from my days flying at Green castle. Really unique club which I enjoyed very much. Friend of a friend was one of Terry's current students. Understand he is definitely reconsidering training now. Hard to blame him.

A coworkers son was also one of his students and was set to fly with him after that flight. When he was late he just figured they got busy and lost track of time. Then the investigators started showing up.

Back