787 Taxiing to the rollout ceremony

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
Just as the title says:

DSC_4369.JPG

taxiing would imply that it was moving under its own power...

It was really taking a taxi err tug.

BTW does anyone know why there are scalloped edges around the bypass duct on the engines? Does this somehow change airflow to increase power or efficiency?
Pinking shears were the only thing they had available to use at the time, and decided they liked the look? :)

BTW does anyone know why there are scalloped edges around the bypass duct on the engines? Does this somehow change airflow to increase power or efficiency?

My totally uninformed guess is that it has something to do with noise reduction.

-Skip

I'm not sure which is the most disturbing: An abomination that size is intended to fly...Or that the building behind the huge plane makes it look like a little 737.

Taking a line from the movie Slapshot...Making it look mean!

The 787 is smaller than the 747, 777, and way smaller than the A380.

It's sized between the 757 and 767 I believe... it's aimed at replacing those two airframes. I would guess that's why the orders for new 757's dried up a couple years ago, the airlines are waiting for the new bird.

Back