142.6 KB · Views: 233
  • File_000 (2).jpeg
    File_000 (2).jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 211
  • File_000 (1).jpeg
    File_000 (1).jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
i would interested in this too, but getting the headache of a OH rt after i buy is not something i want to get into rt now :(. other than that, this one had everything i want and more.

Wow! That's one of the cleanest and most pristine Archers I've ever seen! Good luck with the sell.

Am really tempted too...how big of a headache is getting a OH?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Engine is running good as of right now. Would take it to Florida and back without a second thought. You may get a 400 hr engine that needs an overhaul its all a crap shoot with plane engines. Before we made the desicion to sell we were to keep it we had made the decision to run it for as a long as possible, specially when the stats say infant mortality is more common then an older engine.

I wouldn't worry about an OH yet. Keep flying it until it tells you its time. Then pull it off and send it to a shop. This one is priced right and with the cost of an overhaul you are sitting pretty good and have a nice plane.

Last edited:
Engine is running good as of right now. Would take it to Florida and back without a second thought. You may get a 400 hr engine that needs an overhaul its all a crap shoot with plane engines. Before we made the desicion to sell we were to keep it we had made the decision to run it for as a long as possible, specially when the stats say infant mortality is more common then an older engine.

Agreed, when I was shopping I actually wanted a mid time engine. At that point it has passed the infant mortality stage and has proven itself. But any engine is a crap shoot, new or old. Do you have an oil sample history?

Keep flying it until it tells you its time
That's my view point... No reason it won't go for 700 more hours and many years while you put aside a few hundred dollars each month toward OH

looks like the AI was moved. I have no experience with 6 pack.. but wondering why is that?

Lot to like about that low winger. Autopilot, ADS/B, IFR GPS, Engine Monitor, speed mods +++. All the stuff you're going to wish you had. I bet if you added it up you'd be approaching an OH price point.

The AI that you are seeing is the secondary backup electric AI. It has a traditional six pack layout. It has like history for the past year for every oil change. With the speed mods I flight plan for 125kts and frequently see higher.

I am also a cfii so if you need a checkout with it I would be more then happy to provide.

I am also a cfii so if you need a checkout with it I would be more then happy to provide.
thanks. called the 914 number, left a VM, send an email too. I am pre-solo, so checkout all u want.. I cant fly it alone :d:d.

called this number 845-562 1234, some lady picked u and said its the law office.... u trying to get people arrested or what? ;);)

No it's the right number the one partner is a lawyer so it's his office you are calling if you left your number he will get back to you.

If you did it on a weekend just buy me a ticket back and I'll bring it back with you.

No it's the right number the one partner is a lawyer so it's his office you are calling if you left your number he will get back to you.
Pm me his name, with all the crank calls I am sure they get, I am not entirely sure if they will take my call seriously. else, I will PM you my details and you can pass it on?

Just so you guys know if you look at the panel picture the Attitude Indicator is under a cover, we were doing partial panel approaches last time I went flying and we forgot to take off the cover before I took the picture.

Just so you guys know if you look at the panel picture the Attitude Indicator is under a cover, we were doing partial panel approaches last time I went flying and we forgot to take off the cover before I took the picture.
That explains and answers my question

i would interested in this too, but getting the headache of a OH rt after i buy is not something i want to get into rt now :(. other than that, this one had everything i want and more.

You're thinking about this from the wrong angle. This is a chance to do the OH (when required) just the way you want to. The price seems low enough to allow for an overhaul without being that much upside down.
Most of the time planes like these are priced using the "honey it's for sale but nobody's calling" method, which is: add the retail price of everything in the panel together, *2 just for sh*ts and giggles, and then take a low time mint airframe and add all those together, while conveniently forgetting that the engine has a 25-30k invoice attached to it with an unknown due date. This sounds like a decent deal, assuming the airframe itself checks out.
Go in at $40AMU and you might get a very well equipped "for life" plane with 0SMOH, OH'd to your specifications, engine for $65k. That's not a bad deal at all.

Just to let everyone know... I am getting the logs and running it by my A&P. And yes, this might very well be a very long plane I keep if not forever, not a big believer of forever anything. Sh** happens and things change. But from what I hear and read, for a first time plane an archer is a great one. The other day I was talking to my cfi about low wing, he said if u are going with low, get an archer, might be perfect for u. And he trains in a 172. Says something... Seriously hoping I don't have to drop 30k the next day, but with my luck, u never know. So far I like what I see, but I don't know anything about this stuff... other than this has everything I was looking for +some more. Wish me luck

Last edited:
o by the way.. if this really happens... I will be doing a 1100 dual XC before solo .... some people might get angry at me ;);)

o by the way.. if this really happens... I will be doing a 1100 dual XC before solo .... some people might get angry at me ;);)
Definitely a good way to practice your flight planning skills.

You're close enough to NYC that you could do a few turns around the lady if you wanna.

If you make the purchase, I can definitely recommend the GNS480 book from www.avionicswest.com it is a far superior book than the other two that teach how to use that box.

Good luck! This looks to be a really nice plane and a good price and will serve you good through training and beyond.

Our ownership club has an Archer. Assuming good oil analysis and a thumbs up from an independent A&P/IA I'd be happy to fly this a couple of hundred more hours. I like having two AI's. It already has ads/b and an autopilot there's another expensive thing you won't need.

The only question I'd have is this: Has Garmin talked about end-of-life support for the 480?

Out f curiosity, what type of true airspeed can you expect with the Archer at say 8000 feet, standard day.

Our ownership club has an Archer. Assuming good oil analysis and a thumbs up from an independent A&P/IA I'd be happy to fly this a couple of hundred more hours. I like having two AI's. It already has ads/b and an autopilot there's another expensive thing you won't need.

The only question I'd have is this: Has Garmin talked about end-of-life support for the 480?
I have read love and hate stories about 480. Some say it's way too complicated, some say it's way better than 430/530...havent used any, so no frame of reference here. I Definitely don't expect G1000 like interface. About the life support...ha, don't know but would be nice to know. I will check the Garmin website

A quick search couldn't find anything on Garmin website. They are closed now. From various forums people have mentioned 10 yrs from date of end of support, that would be sometime in 2018

The last software update Garmin was going to do was the ADSB update to make the box compatible, which it has already been done. The 480 takes sometime to get used to but once you do the box truly does a lot specially how it loads airways. I flew behind a gtn 650, a gts 430w and now this, it really only takes a few hours. As far as speeds, with the speed mods it has I flight plane for 125 kts and I see 127 kts frequently. So its almost as fast as an arrow which is really nice.

Out f curiosity, what type of true airspeed can you expect with the Archer at say 8000 feet, standard day.

It's been awhile, but I remember it being just a hair shy of 120 knots - a few knots slower than book. This was a rental though, although it had the wheel pants and seemed to be a nice example.

120 true on a good day at 9gph @ 8000. Flogged out red lining maybe 123-125 true circa 10gph (carbed doesn't lean well compared to injected Arrow). This is for a post-78 sample at mid weights, with the new wheel pants. Pre 78? Forget it. 7 knots slower on the top end.

Back