The Freaking Interstate Collapsed.......

Any of our Atlanta contingent have any pireps on traffic around that area today?
I'm not sure how, but my wife's commute time has decreased. Dramatically.

141, 285, 400 into Buckhead. Reverse it on the way home. 20 mins each way.

Her way into work has always been about 20 mins. Coming normally run anywhere from 45-60 mins.

They built a new warehouse next to my POS building and they used some type of cables that ran the length of the floor, both directions and did some type of magic squeezing, to put cables under tension to the floor while it was curing. I wish I knew more details, just parroting what was on the news and what I saw. Next time I go over there, will look at see if they put stress relievers in it. Any idea what the cables did or didn't do?
Pre-stressed concrete - you stretch the cables, pour the concrete, let the cables go at the right time and it puts the whole enchilada under compression.Or, you can do the stretching after it cures.

Someone spent a few bucks doing this.

Last edited:
It wasn't pvc it was HDPE. You know how the media gets facts wrong on aviation? They did it on this too.

Based on the energy density of HDPE and the amount stored down there, it was probably the equivalent of 2100 gallons of gasoline under there. 20 bundles @ 500 lb ea. = 10,000 pounds. That stuff has an energy density that is 30% higher/lb than gasoline. So in rough terms : 10,000 lbs/6lb gallon of gas X 1.3 energy density factor = 2100 gallons of gasoline.

And I think there were more than 20 bundles under there.

Explains why they needed the ARFF trucks from ATL!

Her way into work has always been about 20 mins. Coming normally run anywhere from 45-60 mins.

Don't get too excited, it's spring break. Traffic will be back to normal lunacy next week. :(

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty...

Nah, just being realistic. I laughed on Friday when the Braves were patting themselves on the back crowing that traffic really wasn't that bad for their exhibition game. Really? Everyone worked a half day and already left town.

Last edited:
Nah, just being realistic. I laughed on Friday when the Braves were patting themselves on the back crowing that traffic really was that bad for their exhibition game. Really? Everyone worked a half day and already left town.

Agree 100%. It will be 2 weeks before everyone is done with spring break. That'll be when we know how bad it will be until school ends.

It wasn't pvc it was HDPE. You know how the media gets facts wrong on aviation? They did it on this too.

Question everything they report. They get so much wrong it's down right scary.

Piedmont is open in both directions today. That will make a big difference for the surface travel in that area. I thought I heard that the Buford Spring connector is open too, but GoogleMaps is showing much of it closed, so I'm not certain about that.

North and South sections there are gone. They took them out over the weekend. I think the last bit was removed on Monday. Piedmont is open as well as the Buford Spring Connector (at least parts). The article on the June 15 completion date.

A new bridge was required so they could install RFID sensors in all the lanes to track you through the chip implants that are disguised as "vaccines". That's why they burned it down and why they went with a no-bid process to replace it - they needed to have the inside "contractors" involved at every stage of the fabrication.

A new bridge was required so they could install RFID sensors in all the lanes to track you through the chip implants that are disguised as "vaccines". That's why they burned it down and why they went with a no-bid process to replace it - they needed to have the inside "contractors" involved at every stage of the fabrication.

Damn it. You were obviously missed by the Chem Trail guys. The mind altering drug was supposed to keep you from noticing all of that. They're slacking. Going to have to have a talk with them.

Believe it or not, my commute has been shorter too. Brookhaven -> Inman Park. Usually 45+ on the interstate. Takes me 30 min now on surface roads that Waze used to always say were longer. Maybe more people working from home + spring break? My guess is next week will be a disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn it. You were obviously missed by the Chem Trail guys. The mind altering drug was supposed to keep you from noticing all of that. They're slacking. Going to have to have a talk with them.
Well, in this case, most of the nano-material was actually dispersed when they burned the "construction materials" that were "stored" under the bridge - so the strongest effects were local - that's why the so-called eye witnesses appear to agree with the government cover stories. Which, of course, is the strongest proof of the coverup; the "witnesses" all fall in line with it and any proof to the contrary has been taken down.

This morning they will find out the true impact on traffic. Should be quite interesting for some folks.

Normal drive to my office this morning. Well, until I realized I didn't have my parking or building access cards with me. Doh! Had them in my wife's car as I drove that on Thursday before we left town for the weekend. Fortunately her office isn't far from mine and she left just a little after me.

Back