Apparently it was a bit windy in Vegas today...

Shawn

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
From KVGT today...don't know the story other than it was a bit blowy today.

Whoops.

KVGT.jpg

Same system moved through PHX this afternoon/evening. Thought to myself... Gee if I was a pilot this would be a great opportunity to get some good crosswind training in. Then I felt a few of the gusts and said to myself no F'ing way would I ever dream of trying to T/O or land in the this right now.

Yup. I'm in downtown PHX and it's still howling like crazy -- blowing dust, transformers flashing ...

Even at that, not as bad as KVGT today:
KVGT 302235Z AUTO 33038G62KT 1/2SM -RA BKN018 OVC036 15/01 A2950 RMK AO2 PK WND 32062/2230 WSHFT 2209 RAB27

Last edited:
In that photo it looks like the tiedowns worked just fine for the two planes that used them.

I don't see any chains or ropes dangling from the Cessna, so I'm guessing it was not tied down at all.

Crazy winds in SoCal... when the high desert wants to move north east, it is really a mess!... I checked on my plane, still sitting there like I left it.... wish I have a hanger but at $550 / month, not going to happen.

There was a recorded gust of 84 MPH in Summerlin yesterday, which is in the same general neighborhood as VGT, so not surprising that happened if it wasn't tied down well.

Hopefully it dies down. There are two ladies that need to be shuttled to KLAS in a Maule this afternoon and my ass does not want to make that 4.5hr drive on a Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully it dies down. There are two ladies that need to be shuttled to KLAS in a Maule this afternoon and my ass does not want to make that 4.5hr drive on a Friday.

I'm right next to KHND, and there is plenty of GA traffic getting in and out of there this morning.

Hmmm, looks like a little bit of laziness causes much aggravation especially for the poor slob who tied his plane down but had it damaged anyway.

I was planing on going to see the Christ Stapleton / Maren Morris show last night - but tickets were just outrageously expensive. So we passed - and then go tix in Chula Vista for May -

I can only imagine that we would have diverted to driving if we had gotten the tix yesterday - and while technically its only 3hr 45min from where we live to Vegas its a) never really that and b) even in my 911 I hate driving it.

How'd it work out for you? SoCal was ugly yesterday but looks a lot better for Saturday

Back