STC AP from Tru Track update

Neat. I don't get the concept of paying for hardware ahead of time, though. Weird. You're going to get it either way.

I think its a little wonky that there is basically no info about what hardware is actually being STCed for either Trutrak or Trio. They both offer several different flavors to homebuilders but there is zero actual details on either manufacturer's website about the STC effort.

The next big points I wanna know before buying is what limitations are on these STCd autopilots? Do they say "must be disengaged if entering IMC conditions" or similar?

There aren't any "preliminary" or "reference only" documents available?

The next big points I wanna know before buying is what limitations are on these STCd autopilots? Do they say "must be disengaged if entering IMC conditions" or similar?

This is a question you'd rather NOT ask. You might get an answer you don't like and be stuck with it forever.

This is a question you'd rather NOT ask. You might get an answer you don't like and be stuck with it forever.

These questions should already be answered in the Airplane Flight Manual Supplement, Placard Drawings, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, all written long before the FAA gives them an STC certificate.

Back