Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi...

azblackbird

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
azblackbird
Hello all,

I've been lurking and binge reading on this site for almost a week now and decided I'd better go ahead and sign-up as I have a few questions that I'd like to pose to the board.

I'm currently in the start-up phase of a new internet/advertising company and will be integrating my love for flying with my business. My plan is to initially do business here in AZ for a year or two and then start branching out to the neighboring states. I hate driving and the only way I can feasibly serve my clients and still be home for dinner is to fly to each of my destinations.

Right now as I'm preparing to launch my business, I'm reading/studying everything I possibly can in preparation for the written. Once the business is launched and is somewhat self sufficient then I'll hit the flying part hard and heavy. My plan is to fly a couple hours per day at least 3 times per week until I get my private and instrument rating.

Concerning aircraft... I plan on renting C-172's until I build up some decent time. Then I'll join a flying club with a C-182 or something more complex and see how that goes for awhile. If I find that I can't meet my schedules with a flying club or other rental venues, then I'll seriously consider purchasing a plane.

Anyway... that's my plan. I found this site and started reading the many different threads on the many different aspects of flying, and have now become somewhat hooked because there's so much good information on here that I can use to help further my flying goals.

Thanks guys...

Gary Mell

You are wrong!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gary,

Welcome to POA! Good luck with the start up and the flight lessons. I'm not sure renting will provide the dispatch reliability that you will eventually need. A flying club may provide a bit more security depending on the pilots, and number of planes. A club is a great stepping stone to ownership if you get involved.

Good luck and welcome aboard!

Welcome to POA Gary. I hope your new venture works out well for you. Business travel via GA can be very productive, but can also sometimes be very frustrating. Good luck with your journey to a pilot certificate!

To better assist us in making your acquaintance...

What are your thoughts on the following?
AOA indicators
Cole slaw
Donuts- whole or half
Burgers- buns or lettuce wrapped
High wing or crummy low wing
Gustave whitehead or wright brothers

To better assist us in making your acquaintance...

What are your thoughts on the following?
AOA indicators - very useful on a dozer
Cole slaw - I roll my own
Donuts- whole or half - Krispy Kremes when available
Burgers- buns or lettuce wrapped - In/Out once or twice a month
High wing or crummy low wing - Love them both. Give me a hanger with a T210, XCub, and a TBM and I'd be set for life
Gustave whitehead or wright brothers - Wright Bros. anybody that can sand cast an aluminum engine block has my respect

Did I pass?

What about sand casting iron blocks? Or does it have to be aluminum?

Welcome and good luck with flying and your business!

I'm in North Glendale. Will probably be taking my lessons at KGEU. Haven't decided with who yet.

I haven't done a intro thread, but welcome! I'm down in Maricopa and hoping to start my own flight training this summer. Good luck good sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@John W ... Good luck to you. What type of flying do you plan on doing?

Mostly just weekend warrior kind of stuff. I have a job in IT also, and a little one (10 month old girl), so the fam keeps me busy. My uncle talked about letting me use his '62 Cherokee for the training, though, which is helpful. I'm really interested in tailwheel training, considering all the cool, middle of the desert places you could go out here!

If you're thinking about buying, my uncle got his Cherokee for a little over $20k. It's not incredibly fast, and there's no chute (hehe), but it gets the job done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome back, Henning!

:)

Back