Mulligans new Cirrus SR22 in production

Looks nice! D-> KRZR familiar with that flight lol. That was most of my 50hrs of x-c time since it was like 52 miles from home.

Wow - 6PC was right. Just follow the red carpet to the Cirrus! But I didn't see the 2 bottles of water at the end of the carpet. :p

In all seriousness Mulligan, that is an incredibly handsome aircraft! Great photo of plane and the happy new owners!

Beautiful plane!

I hope we hear about the transition training and especially whether they've incorporated the latest videos from 6PC.

mully I see you married up! wonderful photo of your family and beautiful new aircraft. What a feeling it must be to get into a new aircraft and fly it . best health and good fortune to you and yours. keep this thread alive as I love when things are going great for good people .I am very happy for you ,fly suave.

I want to see where they hide the $600,000

Probably not in the pocket of the poor schmuck who has to walk around taking photos every week on the line.

But if that person is smart, they reuse photos from the last one, over and over, until something recognizable is on the airframe like paint or an N number. LOL. Just take a bunch from slightly different angles and randomize them. Haha.

Holy shkdgsjdyebdjedgdh ... I need my winning lotto ticket yesterday

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So, what does a new plane really smell like? Anything like that new car smell? Most of us will never know unless we hang an air freshner with that new scented airplane smell in the pane but even that's not close to the real thing....:eek: ;)

Gorgeous results! Congrats!!!!!

Brian

All am. And all afternoon. Going through the transition course and it's like a checkride on steroids.

Nothing like total immersion. Enjoy!

Beautiful plane!

One question: how/why did your tail number change? Just wondering.

Beautiful airplane!! You're making me want to paint mine! What did you do with your Cessna?

very nice....I'd hate to be the one to put the first scratch on it. :D

Too Late - Line guys dinged the nose wheel pant. Already repaired prior to departing the delivery center! Glad that is out of the way

Beautiful plane!

I hope we hear about the transition training and especially whether they've incorporated the latest videos from 6PC.

Transition training was pretty awesome. You basically fly everything that is possible in a checkride plus a few addition things to show the safety features except you have to complete most of them at least 3 times to standards. In addition to that there is a SIM session where you go through CAPS training and they throw a ton of scenarios at you to make sure you are both willing and comfortable using the CAPS system. It was a very good experience and the instructor was great and patient and the other instructors were very nice as well.

Beautiful plane!

One question: how/why did your tail number change? Just wondering.

We kept our tail number from the last plane and moved it to the new plane as it has special meaning. It is really a simple process of just signing a few forms at the FSDO and then having the numbers changed and avionics reprogrammed. There was a write up on this a while back. This is the 3rd number change I have had and Cirrus actually walked this one all the way through from beginning to end and all I had to do was sign a document via docusign.

Beautiful airplane!! You're making me want to paint mine! What did you do with your Cessna?

Took the tax advantage and traded it in towards the Cirrus through Van Bortel. I see that it was just sold so it was a win win for everyone involved!!

Beautiful plane. Love, love the colors. I think if our planes mated, we would get 1 blue plane, 1 Silver plane, and 2 striped ones.... Not exactly sure Mendelian genetics work with planes though ;-) Congrats.

View attachment 52234
*Obi Wan voice* "He's more engine than plane now..."

Too Late - Line guys dinged the nose wheel pant. Already repaired prior to departing the delivery center! Glad that is out of the way

It will happen again, and often.

You might consider an inexpensive mod. Protective metal plates called "Cirrus Custom Wheel Pant Defenders" in the store at http://www.aviationvibes.com/

It makes my life a lot easier with an older Cirri; ask if they will fit a new model, too.

Soooooooooooo.........let's play Devil's Advocate here. What happens if a pilot DID NOT perform to standards during the transition training? No keys handed over? What would the ramifications be since Cirrus is requiring this? Just curious. It might have or will happen to some one.

Soooooooooooo.........let's play Devil's Advocate here. What happens if a pilot DID NOT perform to standards during the transition training? No keys handed over? What would the ramifications be since Cirrus is requiring this? Just curious. It might have or will happen to some one.
I'm not a CSIP but I am a Cirrus Training Center instructor. When we do transition training, we follow the Cirrus syllabus and it has certain standards. For the most part, as long as they aren't going to kill themselves or damage the plane, I'll sign them off. If they mess up a maneuver here or there, it's not really a big deal. I had one student who couldn't really get the landings down for some reason and I felt he would damage our planes if I signed him off. A few more lessons and he got it down.

I do not think transition training is required. It's is offered and comes with the plane. It is 100% worth it. But basically if you want to show up and take the keys, that's on you.

Took the tax advantage and traded it in towards the Cirrus through Van Bortel. I see that it was just sold so it was a win win for everyone involved!!

How did that work ? Were they able to act as 'dealer' for the Cirrus allowing you to only pay sales tax on the differential ?

How did that work ? Were they able to act as 'dealer' for the Cirrus allowing you to only pay sales tax on the differential ?

It is reflected on my bill of sale as trade in so I will only pay the tax on difference

Sore point for Cirrus. Earlier in company history, they had a VFR pilot do transition training and they signed him off 'VFR only'. He flew the plane into the side of a hill while scud-running at night and everybody and their brother sued Cirrus over their 'fairlure to teach him use of the autopilot'. The case went up and down the MN and federal courts for years until it was decided that you can't blame your teacher if you suck at math.

Back