Mulligans new Cirrus SR22 in production

good question. also, what was the delivery date? I was thinking of heading over to knoxville to heckle you I mean congratulate you.
I'd be game for that trip as well. Would be cool to see the factory.

Very cool!

We have a delivery scheduled in Knoxville on Tuesday. Another grandbaby!

I'll be camping in nearby Lenoir City. Let me know on the off chance you have time to touch base. Would love to see your new bird!

Very cool!

We have a delivery scheduled in Knoxville on Tuesday. Another grandbaby!

I'll be camping in nearby Lenoir City. Let me know on the off chance you have time to touch base. Would love to see your new bird!

Congratulations!

Weight and Balance is a *****

You will want an iPad with Garmin Pilot. Cirrus factory CSIPs all use Garmin Pilot and are eager to demonstrate the marriage between GP, Flightstream and the rest of the Perspective system.

There are checklists and W&B in Garmin Pilot ready to go for the Cirrus. Once you configure the W&B in GP with the plane and your numbers GP will compute and graphically display results. Flight plans are easy to synch with the Perspective system once you have mated the iPad to the panel. The factory CSIP assigned to you will set it up for if you have iPad/GP already.

Another fun capability is to play music off the iPad during flight. You can either cable the iPad to the GMA 350 or use the wireless bluetooth connection to stream the music. The GMA 350 automatically handles muting the music when ATC comes up on the headset.

Make sure to complete the online training portal before going to get your plane. You will gain more at the factory if you are already familiar with the numbers.

Last edited:
You will want an iPad with Garmin Pilot. Cirrus factory CSIPs all use Garmin Pilot and are eager to demonstrate the marriage between GP, Flightstream and the rest of the Perspective system.

There are checklists and W&B in Garmin Pilot ready to go for the Cirrus. Once you configure the W&B in GP with the planes and your numbers the only delta to checking W&B before flight with delta weight numbers. Flight plans are easy to synch with the Perspective system once you have mated the iPad to the panel.

Another fun capability is to play music off the iPad during flight. You can either cable the iPad to the GMA 350 or use the wireless bluetooth connection to stream the music. The GMA 350 automatically handles muting the music when ATC comes up on the headset.
I use the Cirrus ProFlite app. It gives you performance and W&B. It's also free.

I use the Cirrus ProFlite app. It gives you performance and W&B. It's also free.

Fine. But he is getting a new Cirrus and he will want the setup I describe in order to make full use of the capabilities of the plane and avionics. W&B is just one small part of GP and is essentially a bonus capability along with the other important elements for checklists, flight planning, and charts.

The perspective plus has w&b built into it.

Yes. And charts and checklists are also in the panel. But you need to turn on the panel (battery drain) and/or start the plane to get to these things. And the panel is not a touch interface like the tablet is...so the inteface is clumsier.

mully ,you have come a long way since we first met, all for the better. good luck with your new,new very nice aircraft and I think it was a great choice for you. check around for me as I lost track of a guy I got to know who worked for the company as there test pilot and his parents moved so he stopped using my ramp/runway when he flew down to see them. got a lot of sr20 dual with him .his name Garry Black

Last edited:
Gary is still very much a Cirrus employee and good guy. Are you looking for his contact info? I think it is public from Cirrus.

I love that blue over platinum combination. What a handsome aircraft! Can't wait to see delivery and first flight photos!

Can't wait to see photos! Youz a lucky man!

Dang why am I just now seeing this thread! Dude your plane looks awesome! I'm bit unsure what is more awesome though..Plane or wine cellar unless that wine cellar is in the cirrus!

If you ever, for some reason need to store your plane a 45 minute flight from your home base, ever, I'll let you have my hangar and all I ask for in return is to sit in it. Hahahaha

Really nice looking plane!! I love me a cirrus!

Last edited:
I have been in Vienna and just got back. Delivery is next Wednesday. I am pretty sure they are. It sending any more pictures as they want the big reveal to be a surprise. Will definitely send pictures and write up from delivery. If only the monkey could be there to participate

I'll be down in Knoxville end of April... just put the whole thing off for a few weeks ;)

how SLOW does that clock seem to be ticking, mulleh?

Where's my new plane? Mully hasn't delivered it yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where's my new plane? Mully hasn't delivered it yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your new plane is in the same place as your old plane.

@mulligan may I ask why you decided to go with the NA SR22 rather than the turbo? I doubt the price difference is much of a factor when spending that kind of money. I know that to take advantage of a turbo you need to be up high where you may need O2 and the NA version is a few knots faster down low, but if could afford such a plane I could see wanting to take it up to the flight levels with an O2 mask on to go real fast every once in a while. I'm just curious what your thought process was in this decision. I think I remember reading a few years back that something like 90% of new SR22 purchases are the turbo version.

Last edited:
@mulligan may I ask why you decided to go with the NA SR22 rather than the turbo? I doubt the price difference is much of a factor when spending that kind of money. I know that to take advantage of a turbo you need to be up high where you may need O2 and the NA version is a few knots slower down low, but if could afford such a plane I could see wanting to take it up to the flight levels with an O2 mask on to go real fast every once in a while. I'm just curious what your thought process was in this decision. I think I remember reading a few years back that something like 90% of new SR22 purchases are the turbo version.

Certainly I can't answer for him, but my personal opinion is that I'm not a fan of turbos without pressurization. Sucking on O2 isn't fun and gets old.

Turbos also add complexity, weight, and maintenance costs and failure modes. Honestly I would rather not have turbos, but they're a requirement for the 414.

I do have a turbo and I'm not Mulligan but I'd echo what Ted said. A lot of my SR22 owning friends are very happy with their NA for exactly those reasons. While a turbo works really well for me since it is just me and my fiancee in the family, there a lot of people, particularly with kids, for whom the NA can be a better mission match.

Reactions: Ted
I do have a turbo and I'm not Mulligan but I'd echo what Ted said. A lot of my SR22 owning friends are very happy with their NA for exactly those reasons. While a turbo works really well for me since it is just me and my fiancee in the family, there a lot of people, particularly with kids, for whom the NA can be a better mission match.

In the 414 the biggest concerns from my perspective are the exhaust AD that exists for those (which is one of the most intelligent ADs out there as the exhaust failing can result in engine fires that cause the wing to fall off in flight) and the extra costs associated with maintenance. The full exhaust system is roughly $10k/side, plus ~$3,400 for a new turbo (one per side).

Of course, as you know, turbos have benefits. It's nice flying up high. :)

Ok. Drum roll

30d31da14566333eea115b19af5a3ec8.jpg

9fab004a06b0b4b9da30eb9935dfbec8.jpg

106b9fca2408fd17a75b726a090de8c9.jpg

45966db92c351db06da0dcdb9d568f37.jpg

c2e0cb8bea005e4d1411dd9481cf0731.jpg

36fb5205970e251ba062d01fef58f561.jpg

cf38f610d7123a0dd173e8c5249d869a.jpg

78b12412238c182ae5ef2d93d2ff2ed9.jpg

Beautiful! Love the paint scheme and panel.

Very purdy Mulligan. Congrats! Red carpet to eh? I love the matching floormats. Very cool thing to do. I hope they don't have an aviation TSO price. LOL

Very nice!

I see you had "highway in the sky" activated.... Does it help with approaches?

And what is the "APPROACH+" annunciation telling you?

And what is the red button between the screens?

And what is the "APPROACH+" annunciation telling you?

The G1000 will do a reverse look-up and tell you who you're talking to based off of frequency. I'm guessing in this case it was Knoxville approach given his frequency and approximate location.

Reversionary mode. It makes your MFD turn into a PFD (in case of PFD screen failure for example)

Correct. This should happen automatically if the system detects a failure, but the button exists in case it's not detected by the system.

Back