For Sale Action Video Camera & Accessories

netsurfr

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jose
I recently bought 2 Garmin Virb cameras to use for my flying videos so I'm selling my Contour + 2 HD camera & gear. This is a very unique video camera in that it has a built-in GPS that records all sorts of data (altitude, speed, location, etc...) that you can then either view in the free video editing software (Contour Storyteller) or use third party software like Dashware to overlay the data onto videos you edit.

The camera & gear is in great shape and I'm including tons of extras. I'll be posting this on ebay but thought I'd start here first.

Asking $125 plus shipping

Here's what's included

1. Contour Plus 2 camera
2. HDMI out cable
3. USB cable
4. Cockpit audio cable (to record cockpit radio/intercom with the camera)
5. 3 batteries plus wall charger
6. Underwater case
7. 360 degree helmet mount
8. Goggle strap mount
9. Flex strap mount (2 sizes)
10. Headband mount
11. Helmet and flat surface mounts

Link to camera info... http://contour.com/cameras/contour2
Link to the various mounts... http://store.contour.com/collections/mounts

Link to one of my youtube videos shot w/ this camera & data overlay...

Attachments

• 20170307_151145949_iOS.jpg
    20170307_151145949_iOS.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 20170307_151214911_iOS.jpg
    20170307_151214911_iOS.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 52
Let me know what you think of the VIRB. That'll be my next camera(s)

I like the Virbs but that's mostly because I use Garmin Pilot so it's very easy to control multiple Virb cameras from the GP app and the other thing I like is the ability to support Bluetooth microphone so since I have a PS450A audio panel I can record plane audio into the camera without any audio cables.

Interested if you don't sell to Tyler

I bought a GoPro hero black and hated it. Over heated and never got any good video in the air. Finally got the Garmin VIRB and can record hours of continuous use and incorporates GPS data. Would not go back to GoPro.

I bought a GoPro hero black and hated it. Over heated and never got any good video in the air. Finally got the Garmin VIRB and can record hours of continuous use and incorporates GPS data. Would not go back to GoPro.
I had the original GoPro. What a piece of junk. The battery (lithium) would maybe last 40 minutes. I switched to the POV VIO series which are great helmet cams but not conducive to exterior mounting. So when I get into filming Garmin VIRB is definitely where I'm going. GoPro are the worst. Just have great marketing.

I had the original GoPro. What a piece of junk. The battery (lithium) would maybe last 40 minutes. I switched to the POV VIO series which are great helmet cams but not conducive to exterior mounting. So when I get into filming Garmin VIRB is definitely where I'm going. GoPro are the worst. Just have great marketing.
I get 1.5-2hrs out of my 5 pretty easily. They're much better than they used to be.

Haven't heard from Tyler so camera & accessories still up for sale.

Guys if you don't mind this thread is about selling this camera and not about pireps on the Gopro. Thanks!

Camera still available. Tyler sent an offer that I accepted but he hasn't followed through since.

FYI - Not sure if it's just me but I'm not receiving any notifications when anyone post to this thread or sends me a message. I've checked all my POA settings and I should be so looks like there's either a bug affecting my profile or something else going on.

Well, if it is still available I will take it. Ill send a pm also

Chuck

Back