Clarity Aloft - cleaning the earbuds?

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
What is the best way to clean the Clarity Aloft foam earplugs?

Thanks.

I have accidentally left foam earplugs in my pockets before and sent them through the wash. They come out sparkling clean. CA earplugs are cheap enough you could give that a shot.

Why not ask them?

I put mine in a clean sock with a rubber band tying it shut and run it through a cold wash cycle.

Yep, we did the same thing (leave them in a shirt pocket) and they come out wonderfully. I now have a small cloth bag we use.
'

Hydrogen peroxide might work also. It does a great job of cleaning wax out of your ear.

What is the best way to clean the Clarity Aloft foam earplugs?

Thanks.
I've never tried to clean mine. They come in a pack with multiple sets. When mine start get crusty I toss them and put fresh ones on.

But I usually keep my ears fairly wax free, so a pair of plugs will typically last me a few months.

Unfortunately these style of plug just don't work for my earl canal. The foam plugs really do provide the most comfort and best noise reduction for my ears.

Oh well, then sorry about that.

I run hot water from the sink over them and squeeze them and roll them around while I do so. Dry by leaving them on a towel overnight. They come out looking like new. But I switched to the type that Timbeck2 suggested recently and I prefer those because the foam type become rock hard when cold.

I gave away the foamies and use the included silicone tips. They clean up well just rolling them in your fingers, just not after sitting on the panel in the summer sun . . .

Get rid of the foam type plugs. Go to an audiologist and have custom ear molds made. The custom ear pieces are quiet and a lot more comfortable than the foam plugs.

Get rid of the foam type plugs. Go to an audiologist and have custom ear molds made. The custom ear pieces are quiet and a lot more comfortable than the foam plugs.
Thanks for the 'plug', but it's really a personal preference thing.

I have worn my CAs with the stock foam plugs on many 10+ hour flying days and never found them uncomfortable.

If someone wants to spend the extra money to see an audiologist, that is entirely up to them.

Back