For Sale: Aircraft 1969 Piper Arrow $60K

mscard88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Mark
Someone was looking at an Arrow, here's one. Looks and sounds nice. As always, a thorough prebuy is wise.

https://nashville.craigslist.org/for/6011201018.html

00G0G_6p05sTKkTHA_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Love the three bladed prop. Really improves the look of the plane, IMO.

dude, you're stealing Tampico's thunder!

"...Over $30K in upgrades..."

And he hopes to recoup all his money with that ridiculous price. :crazy:

"...Over $30K in upgrades..."

And he hopes to recoup all his money with that ridiculous price. :crazy:

Why wouldn't he ask that price? Someone might come along and get hooked right?

upload_2017-3-1_8-17-52.png

"Asking price" is just that...asking.
If the spouse is the one pushing to sell it, may not get it at any price. If a serious seller there's a basis for rational negotiation.

Hey if someone pays him that much for that plane, more power to him. Capitalism is a wonderful thing.

Bit of time on it, little ruff around the edges, doesn't look bad, but for sure a little expensive compared to other arrows or PA24s.

Like arrows,had one ,price seems a bit high.

three blades == gear up landing?

No, most likely means they wanted to get rid of the repetitive eddy current AD on the hartzell non-B suffix prop hub common to these birds' original two blade. Prop shops have been pushing their three blade offerings and making their 2 blade pricing unattractive, so most people just acquiese on the rationalization of better aesthetics.

Ive seen a penalty of 5 knots top end on the 3 blade, which when combined with a realistic stock arrow speed of 135 at .75 makes the aircraft a sub 130 knot airplane at 65 pct power, plus more forward CG on an already naturally forward cg aircraft. Not a wise so called upgrade in my opinion and the reason i tolerate my Ad 2 blade prop. with all wing mods except tank fairing and a dirty exterior, walktape peeling into the wind, i still get 142 at .75 The AD is dumb and hasnt popped one positive to date on anything not aerobatic or agricultural, but thats the FAA for ya trying to certify you out the sky. I digress.

enalty of 5 knots top end on the 3 blade, which when combined with a realistic stock arrow speed of 135 at .75 makes the aircraft a sub 130 knot airplane at 65 pct power, plus more forward CG on an already naturally forward cg aircraft. Not a wise so called upgrade in my opinion and the reason i tolerate my Ad 2 blade prop.

I put one of these on our Arrow that had a recurring AD on the hub and blades that were beyond service limits:
http://www.propilotsinc.com/piper-arrow-propeller-conversion/

It was cheaper than a new 2-bladed factory prop and cheaper than the 3-bladed Black Mac and Top Prop. Great looking and didn't add any weight to the plane. The best part was that it eliminated the 2000-2350 RPM restriction. I started flying at the 2100 RPM settings on the power charts and the plane was MUCH quieter. Highly recommended!

Just a note - we now have the subforum for aircraft/clubs/paternships. This is new as of today. If you want, I can move this thread for you.

Back