Does anyone have Dana's phone number?

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
@masloki I need your cell number.
It's not in my phone anymore and I have a beer emergency.

Can anyone PM that to me if they have it?

I was under the impression any alcohol emergency requires eman1200 to be called.

He doesn't answer when he's in a Vietnamese bar surrounded by Asian goddesses pouring him copious amount of intoxicants which may or may not be legal in most UN participating countries. He usually has the damming pics to prove it too though.

He doesn't answer when he's in a Vietnamese bar surrounded by Asian goddesses pouring him copious amount of intoxicants which may or may not be legal in most UN participating countries. He usually has the damming pics to prove it too though.

That's Sac isn't it, although it could be eman too.

Getting there...
IMG_3380.JPG

And this is of what you speak...
IMG_3359.JPG

If is it an overpressure situation, maybe reduce the temp to slow down those yeasties?
(there's a wag if ever there was)
I didn't realize brewing posed such hazards.

No. I am making a Scotch ale. I went to the brew store to get everything today. Any time you talk to someone in a brew store they give you bits of information that really don't make sense. He said you need eight pounds of liquid malt. you need these grains and hops. Then he said go to the store and get some dark brown sugar. He said it comes in two pound bags just use half of the bag you only need one pound. Then he said but I won't fault you if you use the entire bag. I'm like wait what do I use the whole bag and be glad you won't fault me but it won't taste good or do I use half the bag which the recipe called for. I don't want to mess this up.

Dana makes outstanding beer and knows this stuff Soup To Nuts.

It is not a real emergency but I'm cooking it right now and I'm only going to use one pound because him not faulting me doesn't seem like a good reason to do things that aren't in the recipe. Beer is very sensitive

It sounds like an art. Something that is perfected through many experiments.

Bryan, ever visit the Bearded Monk near the Denton Post Office?

I swear I saw the number in a bathroom around here, along with the phrase "For a good time call . . . "

That sounds really familiar.

I either went there once our I had a conversation about it with someone.
Growler bar serving up the local crafts. Might be another good spot to get both information and refills.

Aha! I see you picked up, or mean acquired yourself a personal tour guide, or bar guide as you would call it. Well done Sac! :thumbsup:

I'm the one taking the picture, to be clear. As to the presence of said tour guide, I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of such.

The cute tour guide's "hello kitty" helmet is cracked open. She better hold on tighter.

It is not a real emergency but I'm cooking it right now and I'm only going to use one pound because him not faulting me doesn't seem like a good reason to do things that aren't in the recipe. Beer is very sensitive

Aren't there like... beer brewing enthusiast websites... with things like, recipes or something for this crap? ;)

The cute tour guide's "hello kitty" helmet is cracked open. She better hold on tighter.

That's just some random dude and chick that happened to be at the intersection when I snapped the shot. Poor bastard probably has to buy her an iphone. True story though - I had to rent a motorbike in Danang for a few days and the only helmet they had left to give me was a pink Hello Kitty helmet. ******n coworkers took pictures.

Aren't there like... beer brewing enthusiast websites... with things like, recipes or something for this crap? ;)
Yes but I don't want the brewing equivalent of fire your cfi, you're going to end up on s BTSB report, responses.

That's just some random dude and chick that happened to be at the intersection when I snapped the shot. Poor bastard probably has to buy her an iphone. True story though - I had to rent a motorbike in Danang for a few days and the only helmet they had left to give me was a pink Hello Kitty helmet. ******n coworkers took pictures.

So it WAS you in that pic! :rofl:

He uses a dental dam? Safe sex, everybody.

Brewing is an "art" for those who lack knowledge and skill. It is a science for those who possess knowledge and skill.

The brew shop guy told you 1 or 2 lbs of sugar would be ok because you were brewing a big beer. Higher original gravity in this case would be ok. Style guidelines regarding alcohol content are a bit wider for Scotch Ales (or Wee Heavies) than some other styles. (I know a bit about this style, as I won Silver in the category at World Beer Cup in 2012, and Gold in 2014, as well as a Gold at the Great American Beer Festival in 2013.)

Brown sugar, in my experience has a twang to it, but should be close enough for scotch ale. I've been reading http://barclayperkins.blogspot.com/ and the guy is writing a book about Scotch ales throughout history as we speak. The scotch ale recipes use invert sugar 1, 2, or 3 (colors). Cheap and time consuming -> grab some turbinado/cane sugar, add about 1-2 cups water to get it to dissolve, 1/4 tsp citric acid to invert it and hold it at 235f for 30-90 minutes for desired color/flavor. Fast and pricy -> light Belgian candi syrup.

I figure you got it in the fermenter now but watch for blow-offs. And the last time I made a scotch ale it was garbage for 6 months (too sweet and super boozy), then it transformed into nectar from heaven after that. Patience is your friend. This is for Gaston's right?

If it's good, I will bring it to Gaston's If not, I will keep trying until I get a really good one.
I like scotch ales because they have a ton of flavor and character. Gaston's is a good time of year for that.

Back