Has anyone been able to update GNS 430/500W

Max

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Max
I still have this GNS 430/500W running on a 2007 database and would like to know if it is possible to update to the most current database or at least 2015....any ideas? Thank you!!

Thank you JimNtexas, but my question was not right, I was referring to the gns 430/500w PC trainer from garmin, I am currently training to get my instrument rating but using this PC trainer is really outaded and would like to update the database but have no luck yet doing that...

Thank you JimNtexas, but my question was not right, I was referring to the gns 430/500w PC trainer from garmin, I am currently training to get my instrument rating but using this PC trainer is really outaded and would like to update the database but have no luck yet doing that...

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, that trainer is intended to help you learn how to use the Garmin itself, not fly approaches. It's not outdated in that the "buttonology" (what you push, for which function) is the same as it is now.

If you want to fly approaches with a 430w, maybe try something like this:

http://www.reality-xp.com/flightsim/gns430/

Thank you, Reality Xp looks good, but do you know if the data can be updated looks like is not current 2007...?:(:( Would like to use one that has at least something close to the current data maybe 2015 - 2016.;)

Image1.jpg

Why don't you call their customer support and find out? I can't run it, since I do xplane on linux.

Good luck. A better question is going to be, how much are you willing to pay for an updated database? They aren't free.

I've been practicing approaches with the database that comes with xplane. (If you didn't know, xplane comes with a nice little 430 instrument). It's not current, and the buttononlogy isn't quite right, but it's very close and I've found the skills transfer nicely to the real thing.

Thank you, I think you are right I will do that anyways is just for practice and reality xp looks like a good option. Thank you again :):)

There is a way to do a manual copy of a particular folders that update the database by downloading the garmin 650/750 database Those files apparently are identical to the ones the 430/530 trainer use. That will update it to within the last couple years.

I think that's what you are looking for. I was going to try it but the download size of the 650 trainer was huge and I didn't want to fool with it. I don't remember where I found the instructions on how to do it. Probably somewhere on here.

Awesome "arkvet" that is actually what I've been trying to do, I read a couple of other blogs online of people that have been able to do that, but I have not yet found one, or like the one you have mentioned so I can extract the data from there, and test it, if you know the link were to get it can you share it? So i can download it myself. I have also downloaded the gtn/gdu 620 pc trainer that someone here said will work, but there is a newer version and the files didnt work but I can try the one you said. Hopefuly you can help me find it. Thanks :):):):)

Back