N. Myrtle Beach this weekend?

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
Sunday I reckon I'm fixin to grab lunch in N. Myrtle. Anyone around?

I was planning a flight to South Port. Perhaps I could change destination. But I'll need to brush up on my Class Delta manners.

Where you gonna eat?

N myrtle has a tower and the guys are awesome. The FBI did charge me $12 last time and we were only there a couple of hours (didn't need or get fuel) but they also gave us a crew car. I'd like to go to molly Darcy's since it's a) awesome, 2) right in the beach and III) like a mile and a half from CRE but since there are a ton of good options around the airport I'm open to just about anything.

Do they still have rocking chairs outside the terminal? I took a couple of my kids there about six years ago.

Do they still have rocking chairs outside the terminal? I took a couple of my kids there about six years ago.

c8a60268831b2f380910f7be40b35bac.jpg

I would be interested but have to work. Only 30min flight for me in the fast C150.

I was just there a week or so ago. Canceled the ski trip for a bum ankle, pointed the nose to warmer weather and ended up at CRE. A fun area out there.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

eman1200, what's your ETA?

I'm thinking 1:30ish. trying to be wheels up at noon, shouldn't take but 45 minutes in the Bo. the friend I'm bringing wants to stop by his condo which is about a mile from the airport. I'll ask if we can go after lunch, if we go before I'm guess we'll be there around 1:30. you going? what's a good time for you?

I was planning to arrive around 1130 or so, but I could depart about that time. That would suit my pax, who likes to sleep in. I just like to avoid the midday thermals.

What's temp?
I'm in upstate and wouldn't want to eat outside.

You the only show?

Yes. I got a late start, thanks to my pax. We also underdressed for the altitude and drafty cabin! (Cabin heat in a Luscombe is an oxymoron!) I figured we'd fly for a half hour to test the waters, as it were. I'm sure it would have been smooth at 5500, but we were already getting chilled at 3500, with about an hour still to go, so we turned around. I climbed to 4500 on the return, where it was less bumpy, but it was even cooler. And we had about a 20knot headwind. Can't wait for warmer weather! It was 72 here yesterday. It was barely 50 at our noontime departure today.

many more myrtle meetups in the making........

Back