Dallas Area meet-up Sat 2/25 at MEXIA (KLXY)

I am really a 'maybe'. I have an IR lesson scheduled for Saturday but I dont know the time frame yet. Dont spend a lotta time on the w&b to account for me.

I am really a 'maybe'. I have an IR lesson scheduled for Saturday but I dont know the time frame yet. Dont spend a lotta time on the w&b to account for me.
The Mexia trip sounds like a great excuse for checking off the box for your long cross country. Tell Brandon you'll buy lunch if he'll let you do that.

If he agrees, the return will be an excellent opportunity to practice obtaining your clearance at an uncontrolled field. A skill that all IFR pilots need to know, but sometimes isn't practiced during training as much as it should be.

If I'm at an airport not flying a photo mission it'll be at GPM for the Radial Cafe's official "grand opening"

Ok, if I count right, we currently have AggieMike, JCranford, me and possibly +1, MBDiagman +1, GrahamC +1, Ravioli + 1, Scott@KTYR, Frogs (and tadpoles?), and Flyin'Gator. Kirby's is kinda a small place, so I'll call tomorrow and see if we can reserve some of the picnic tables out on the covered patio. Also, for anyone who hasn't been to Mexia, the ramp area is not expansive, so be prepared to park in the grass should the pavement get filled up.
Saturday is looking like a Great day to fly.
Texashikergal - did you reserve the picnic tables?
Do we know if anyone else is coming?

They don't take reservations at Kirby's, but the lady said they don't really fill up until noon or so. I'll try to get over there a little early and lay claim to some tables.

They don't take reservations at Kirby's, but the lady said they don't really fill up until noon or so. I'll try to get over there a little early and lay claim to some tables.
Ok thanks, I should be there by 10:30 to help claim some tables too.

Kirby's is kinda a small place, so I'll call tomorrow and see if we can reserve some of the picnic tables out on the covered patio.

Considering the temps tomorrow are going to be a bit chilly, I'll get some tables inside hopefully. Look for us there!

I'm probably out. Looks like I won't be able to be wheels up until 10:30 or 11:00.

I'm sorry guys, I have been flying the heck out of the plane and one of my partners asked for her. I didn't want to be "that guy"... next time..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1K1
It's up a ways.

I can't do tomorrow, but keep in mind that 1K1 isn't THAT awful for the Colorado contingent to get to, and might make a cool TX/CO mass meet-up possible if planned far enough in advance and everyone's weather works out.

@jesse and the Nebraska folks have even been known to wander that far south occasionally. It's pretty central as much as central can get, for a number of the denser PoA population areas east of the Rockies in the "fly-over" States, so if the Texans can be coaxed that far north...

Something to keep in mind for planning a larger gathering, anyway... plus I love 1K1. Cool place.

5034f9488e2f09d76c699f131a05d997.jpg

I can't do tomorrow, but keep in mind that 1K1 isn't THAT awful for the Colorado contingent to get to, and might make a cool TX/CO mass meet-up possible if planned far enough in advance and everyone's weather works out.

@jesse and the Nebraska folks have even been known to wander that far south occasionally. It's pretty central as much as central can get, for a number of the denser PoA population areas east of the Rockies in the "fly-over" States, so if the Texans can be coaxed that far north...

Something to keep in mind for planning a larger gathering, anyway... plus I love 1K1. Cool place.

5034f9488e2f09d76c699f131a05d997.jpg
Looks like a cool place. I looked it up on airnav and the link to the field website does not work. Is the restaurant still open?

Well.... My plane is in Athens and I thought I was going to get a ride there in time to make it to Mexia, but it won't happen. I get my Mooney as early as this coming week, so please keep up the get togethers and SURELY I will make one sooner or later.

Thanks to those who came out! Sorry @AggieMike88 and I were so late. I blame the pilot.... snap, that was me!

Next stop should be 25MAR2017 at Hicks T67. Fly-ins get good food at The Beacon. If you drive over you can enjoy Mimosas or Screwdrivers at Canyland! (my hangar).

The 21st is my birthday so I'll be celebrating 51 years of exchanging O2 for CO2.

can u schedule the next one before posting pics of the last one?

Sure wish I could have made it. Someone being checked out in a Cherokee 6 dropped me off at Athens, but that wasn't until noon. Air was a little rough, but smooth as silk above 3,900. Finally got the Piggy back in her pen.

I made it out from Addison with a friend of mine. Had a great time meeting everyone. Looking forward to more of these!

THanks Rob for the ride. That was only my 2nd ride ever in a "later" model C177 and it definitely lived up to the rep of roomy and comfortable.

And we both learned something new and cool about the GTX-327 transponder, completely by accident. If you press the VFR button a second time, it reverts to the previously entered code. Makes sense if you hit it by accident and didn't have the assigned code written down.

Back