Pet Peeves

When u arrive at your gym and the parking lot is FULL, not because there are a lot of health conscious people trying to sweat on a Saturday evening, but because there is some clown singing in the next arena and it's just fine to overflood the gym parking lot.... I am typing this from the parking lot, waiting to find a space to park ...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well, on the other side of the coin; how about those who go to a gym in a strip mall and park as close to the door as they can. Don't they go to the gym to get exercise? If so, why are they too lazy to walk an extra hundred feet or so? Seems they simply like to inconvenience others.

Well, on the other side of the coin; how about those who go to a gym in a strip mall and park as close to the door as they can. Don't they go to the gym to get exercise? If so, why are they too lazy to walk an extra hundred feet or so? Seems they simply like to inconvenience others.
I chuckle about this often, when you go to a mall or Walmart and people are driving in circles trying to find a space as close to the door as possible to save them a few steps just so they can push a cart around a building that is the size of the parking lot!

I chuckle about this often, when you go to a mall or Walmart and people are driving in circles trying to find a space as close to the door as possible to save them a few steps just so they can push a cart around a building that is the size of the parking lot!

You know how to mess with those people if you have a good spot? Watch them go by and immediately back out , they'll see you in their rear view mirror & race back around to get your spot. Oh my, you pulled back in it! Rinse and repeat, usually you can get 'em 2-3 times. :D

You know how to mess with those people if you have a good spot? Watch them go by and immediately back out , they'll see you in their rear view mirror & race back around to get your spot. Oh my, you pulled back in it! Rinse and repeat, usually you can get 'em 2-3 times. :D
I don't have time for that, I have a job.:D

Yeah I have time, I just made it up. Thought about it at times though. :D
You are the guy who parks at the back of the lot and parked kitty wompass across three spots so the unwashed masses don't get near your dodge stratus :cool::D

You are the guy who parks at the back of the lot and parked kitty wompass across three spots so the unwashed masses don't get near your dodge stratus :cool::D

Nah, but when I was younger and foolish if I saw a new shiny car parked like that, especially a 'Vette, I'd parked right next to it, very closely. :)

I take the first spot I see open but kinda as close as I can (wife you know), and I drive a truck. So there. :raspberry:

Nah, but when I was younger and foolish if I saw a new shiny car parked like that, especially a 'Vette, I'd parked right next to it, very closely. :)

I take the first spot I see open but kinda as close as I can (wife you know), and I drive a truck. So there. :raspberry:
I drive a minivan so I have no testicles! I park wherever I can and the do the walk of shame away from my minivan

Unfortunately it will never happen for me, I am those guys who park at the far end of nowhere so that some moron won't get a chance to open the door into my door, or brush my paint with a grocery bags and go to their business as if nothing happened

Unfortunately it will never happen for me, I am those guys who park at the far end of nowhere so that some moron won't get a chance to open the door into my door, or brush my paint with a grocery bags and go to their business as if nothing happened

Get a minivan, then you won't give a **** if that happens.

No one calling the hotel van. I'm outside, freezing my balls off doing the post flight and not one of you guys can call the hotel van when it's 1030pm in Milwaukee. Somehow it ends up being my job to call.

No one calling the hotel van. I'm outside, freezing my balls off doing the post flight and not one of you guys can call the hotel van when it's 1030pm in Milwaukee. Somehow it ends up being my job to call.

I told ya before it's always the FO's job. Capt ain't gonna do it, and the FAs too busy checking facebook. :D

I told ya before it's always the FO's job. Capt ain't gonna do it, and the FAs too busy checking facebook. :D
:oops: I like the the way DL does it. They a van company and they're always waiting for the crews at the appropriate pickup location. No sharing or waiting for the hotel van. Can't make those DL pilots wait!

:oops: I like the the way DL does it. They a van company and they're always waiting for the crews at the appropriate pickup location. No sharing or waiting for the hotel van. Can't make those DL pilots wait!

Yup. Welcome to the "minor" leagues.

Just thought of another one. Captain is PF. I'm PM (working the radios). Center asks us for our Mach number and the captain verbalizesto me our Mach number like I can't read it on my airspeed indicator myself. Same thing happens when center asks for a ride report. Captain verbalizes "continuous light chop" like I can't realize it for myself:confused:

Just thought of another one. Captain is PF. I'm PM (working the radios). Center asks us for our Mach number and the captain verbalizesto me our Mach number like I can't read it on my airspeed indicator myself. Same thing happens when center asks for a ride report. Captain verbalizes "continuous light chop" like I can't realize it for myself:confused:

Yup a lot of that goes on. Here's what I used to do. I made a mental note that when I upgraded to Capt I'd do my best not to do that to the FO. Just chalk it up, learn from it, and try not to be that Capt when you get there. Your future FOs will greatly appreciated being treated as an equal.

As I am pushing the cart, I'll stop at the first parking spot that is nearest to the door, act like I am looking for my keys, then watch a car stop and turn on a turn signal for "my" parking spot, then I start pushing my cart towards my vehicle. Which is usually parked in the farthest row from the door so no one does the door thing into my door.

I do that at my gym, but it's because I don't want my car to get broken in to. The safest spots are those next to the door. If I can't park there I will go across the lot and park in front of the supermarket door.

As I am pushing the cart, I'll stop at the first parking spot that is nearest to the door, act like I am looking for my keys, then watch a car stop and turn on a turn signal for "my" parking spot, then I start pushing my cart towards my vehicle. Which is usually parked in the farthest row from the door so no one does the door thing into my door.

You need to get a car with General Motors' approach lights. In a full lot, wait for a parking shark to roll by and then hit the unlock button on the remote fob. Watch him slam on his brakes as your brake lights and backup lights come on. Watch him turn on his blinkers and slowly roll back as close as he can to the car behind him. Then wait and see how long it takes for him to realize that nobody is in the driver's seat of your car.

You need to get a car with General Motors' approach lights. In a full lot, wait for a parking shark to roll by and then hit the unlock button on the remote fob. Watch him slam on his brakes as your brake lights and backup lights come on. Watch him turn on his blinkers and slowly roll back as close as he can to the car behind him. Then wait and see how long it takes for him to realize that nobody is in the driver's seat of your car.

Damn pick up 6 pack and flop down on a bench in front and do that. I'll have to remember that when I hit 80. Too young for that now.

Damn pick up 6 pack and flop down on a bench in front and do that. I'll have to remember that when I hit 80. Too young for that now.

The Yukon has those "area lights" and lights up the backup lights whenever you unlock it. It's honestly great fun to mess with people with when you see someone who could have parked and been inside by then, circling like a shark to get that close in spot.

Click... screech... they wait, and wait... and then realize nobody is there... hahaha.

Technically you can turn them off in the DIC but a) I actually need them at home, and b) Where's the fun it that?! LMAO.

Even Karen thinks it's funny, and she's not a prankster.

Funny all this talk about faking out the parking lot circlers. I am definitely not one of those, but we have a divided house. I will find the first available spot, and if it's 20 spaces away from the door, so be it. I won't waste a minute circling the lot trying to find a better spot. My other half, however, will do just that. Sometimes 10-15 minutes circling the lot looking and waiting for a space to open up. She's also the first one to speak up every time I park..."As always, you just had to find the last space in the parking lot." "Nope, I just pulled into the first available one."

Funny all this talk about faking out the parking lot circlers. I am definitely not one of those, but we have a divided house. I will find the first available spot, and if it's 20 spaces away from the door, so be it. I won't waste a minute circling the lot trying to find a better spot. My other half, however, will do just that. Sometimes 10-15 minutes circling the lot looking and waiting for a space to open up. She's also the first one to speak up every time I park..."As always, you just had to find the last space in the parking lot." "Nope, I just pulled into the first available one."

We married to the same woman? o_O

You probably don't want to, since you're married to her, but if you want a fight, just start a stopwatch next time and stop it while circling and say, "We would have been inside the store shopping by ... now." LOL.

We're both end space parkers, at least protect one side of the car from careless idjits.

Heh! The circling and stopwatch game sounds fun, but it wouldn't work for us. I'm the only one who drives when we go out (I dare not put my life into her hands like that), and if I did it, the effect wouldn't be a fight, just her repeating over and over again "Yeah, whatever. Go ahead and park in the farthest spot away like you always do." I have however contemplated from time to time in parking at an entirely different store, or across the street, which would get an interesting response. :)

She doesn't really comment on my driving except for the parking issue. She does however look up sometimes from her phone while distracted in the passenger seat, see something going on, and gasp, or "OH!" which is funny.

I almost thought about making a separate, full blown rant thread on this but decided against it. Can we...

PLEASE PROVIDE PACKAGING THAT DOES NOT RESULT IN THE DESTRUCTION OF THE PRODUCT WHEN YOU TRY TO OPEN IT?

Yes. I bought two 2032 batteries. 2032 batteries go in my cycle computer. I need two of them. One of them for the unit and the other for the pulse transmitter. The plastic packaging surrounding the batteries was so tough, I needed tools to get it open. Fingers wouldn't do it. Cutting implements would not do it. Tinsnips and screwdrivers were required to open the packaging. In the process, I destroyed one of the batteries.

F****k.

Why, why, why....

I almost thought about making a separate, full blown rant thread on this but decided against it. Can we...

PLEASE PROVIDE PACKAGING THAT DOES NOT RESULT IN THE DESTRUCTION OF THE PRODUCT WHEN YOU TRY TO OPEN IT?

Yes. I bought two 2032 batteries. 2032 batteries go in my cycle computer. I need two of them. One of them for the unit and the other for the pulse transmitter. The plastic packaging surrounding the batteries was so tough, I needed tools to get it open. Fingers wouldn't do it. Cutting implements would not do it. Tinsnips and screwdrivers were required to open the packaging. In the process, I destroyed one of the batteries.

F****k.

Why, why, why....
Just to let you know, u just hijacked this thread, not cool man, not cool

F****k.

Why, why, why....

Yup! Agree 100% with you Sac. Sometimes I think I'll have to get out my sabre saw to open these dam factory sealed packages. I know it's to try and prevent theft, but really...

"Around six thousand people a year wind up in emergency rooms with lacerations and puncture wounds caused by clamshell/oyster packaging. Some injuries are caused by the jagged edges of half-opened, hard-plastic wrappers. Others occur when the a frustrated consumers use tools such as knives, scissors or wire cutters.Jan 18, 2009"

"Around six thousand people a year wind up in emergency rooms with lacerations and puncture wounds caused by clamshell/oyster packaging. Some injuries are caused by the jagged edges of half-opened, hard-plastic wrappers. Others occur when the a frustrated consumers use tools such as knives, scissors or wire cutters.Jan 18, 2009"

Not to mention all those chicken processing plants.

F****k.

Why, why, why....

I share this frustration. Worst part about holidays (or buying anything, really) is opening package after package of things that have been designed as challenges to get open. Adding to the madness is when the packaging costs more than the item itself!

Back