Where are they?

TheTraveler

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
TheTraveler
I made a post a few days ago about my hiatus. I'm nowhere near one of the top members, I've always read more than I post, and I didn't expect many to notice me being away for a while anyway. But I love this community, the support from all the members, the great things there are to learn, and it's nice to be back! With that being said, I can't help but notice that there are some people missing.

When I left, Tom-D himself was on hiatus, and I'm glad to see he's here (Hi Tom!). But where is Tango Whiskey? Where is Steingar? Where is Geico266? This is only to name a few. Man, what happened?

About the only thing I can find of any major change is that the SZ has been shut down (that wouldn't affect me anyway), there are two hilarious running jokes about AoA and Cirrus that make me laugh every time I see them, and the site has been nicely updated. I searched for about 10-15 minutes trying to find some big fight or blowout in a closed thread somewhere that led to some departures, but I haven't seen anything.

If something happened, it is not my intention to bring up bad history. I just am really curious to know...where are they?

Troy is busy working, but around. Not on here much. (Tango Whiskey).

Steingar hasn't been around here for quite a while. Nor Geico. But both are active elsewhere.

So does that mean we can apply the Heisenberg principle to know your momentum?

No, but you can apply the Godwin principle to calculate the drift in this thread.

Troy is busy working, but around. Not on here much. (Tango Whiskey).

Steingar hasn't been around here for quite a while. Nor Geico. But both are active elsewhere.

Thanks, that helps. Elsewhere...as in purple? Is that still a place?

I've got few members on FB, but not many, really. If anyone likes pics of airports, boarding gates, and fire stations around the world let me know. Most just yawn.

After the spinzone got shut down, some members just left. They just couldn't bear being on an aviation site where you can't yell and accuse someone of being a communist.

@TheTraveler, The SZ shut down and a one of those folks created their own dedicated SZ site (pilotspin.com) and many went over there.
I peeked in and there are actually quite a few familiar names (most of the ones you queried about).

Purple is up. It ebbs and flows. When it is flowing, it is an exciting board.

@TheTraveler, The SZ shut down and a one of those folks created their own dedicated SZ site (pilotspin.com) and many went over there.
I peeked in and there are actually quite a few familiar names (most of the ones you queried about).

Purple is up. It ebbs and flows. When it is flowing, it is an exciting board.

Thanks for the info. Yes, a lot of familiar names for sure. I never realized how much some people were into SZ. I took a look once...couldn't stay. Not criticizing, just saying it's not something I would be able to chat about all day.

After the spinzone got shut down, some members just left. They just couldn't bear being on an aviation site where you can't yell and accuse someone of being a communist.

That sounds like commie talk , comrad.

See it still works ;)

The rest of us already know who the communists are. Was never much need to call it out. They're always whining they want someone else's money and time to pay for something they want. ;)

Still buying and selling airplanes and offering advise about doing so to anyone who will listen.
Latter part sounds like most aviation guys. I haven't seen him in any forum for over a year now.

Latter part sounds like most aviation guys. I haven't seen him in any forum for over a year now.

Yeah liked old Ben. We seemed to be on the same "frequency" on a lot of things. I don't think he came over to the "new" POA when they changed.

Hmm. Gotta be a way to "umbrella" all these sites. Like those get a hotel or an airline ticket sites that search all the others for you. Get accounts on all of them, plug those into your "parent" site and get it all from one spot.

Hmm. Gotta be a way to "umbrella" all these sites. Like those get a hotel or an airline ticket sites that search all the others for you. Get accounts on all of them, plug those into your "parent" site and get it all from one spot.
Taptalk

Tapatalk came up in my search. I looked at the site. There's all this stuff about "your customers," branding, advertising etc. It looks like something you use to create a Forum, not just read them. What am I missing. I'd just use it to read and respond.

Tapatalk came up in my search. I looked at the site. There's all this stuff about "your customers," branding, advertising etc. It looks like something you use to create a Forum, not just read them. What am I missing. I'd just use it to read and respond.

Tapatalk it is.

Tapatalk was one of the reasons (although a smaller one) I wasn't here for so long. It worked great for me, and I could keep up with everything, but then they released a forced update. It was horrible. They promised to fix it, and the next update was even worse. I just couldn't couldn't cut the time to come to PoA and login from a PC, and Tapatalk was out for me.

This site works well on a phone (much better than it did before our software update at the beginning of last year), so I ditched Tapatalk. I realize that people who go to other sites like it because they only need to use the one app. I will admit that I stopped going to a couple of other sites I used to browse. But some of that is because I lost interest in their subject.

Tapatalk was one of the reasons (although a smaller one) I wasn't here for so long. It worked great for me, and I could keep up with everything, but then they released a forced update. It was horrible. They promised to fix it, and the next update was even worse. I just couldn't couldn't cut the time to come to PoA and login from a PC, and Tapatalk was out for me.

Yeah, they had at least 2 upgrades that su uuu uuuuu uuuucked and it was that way for a while. It has gotten better though. Before those upgrades I never had ads but now I do and they make them so annoying that u want to pay for the upgrade. Otherwise TT works for me.

I'm shocked nobody is willing to admit they miss Captain. o_O

Welcome back.

Question. Is this xenforo a jerk

Ah, my jerk series.... memories. Never did understand why they weren't more popular. Ah well...

what kind of shenanigans u been up to, Captain?

Captain still exists? Welcome back.

I do miss TangoWhiskey. Hope he is just busy.

Back