Fighters scramble FL TFR who's guilty?

I was flying from somewhere in the Midwest back to ATL in the CRJ 200 (climbs like a pig) 5-6 years ago. Just NE of STL ATC asked if we'd could be level at FL280 by so many minutes, I replied yup. ATC called back 1 or 2 more times, making sure we were gonna be level. Then ATC issued traffic at FL260 10-11 o'clock, 747, I say "in sight". As we leveled off, ATC then issued us as traffic, "AF1 traffic blah blah at FL280, has you insight. Pres Obama going somewhere.

So on one hand we are spending more tax dollars on Trump's AF1 trips to FL and the use of the military jets to enforce the TFR while on the other hand taking in less tax dollars from aviation businesses hurt by his trips. Makes sense to me.
It has nothing to do with Trump, and everything to do with these stupid TFRs, no matter who is president.

I know, let's have the FAA draw a big bullseye on the map everywhere the president goes....

The intercept was successful, glad to hear.
Awaiting a press conference about the dangers of all the 172's out there, a lurking death from above to everybody, including the POTUS. Think of the children!!

East Coast Florida got trashed with TFR's all weekend, and they WERE NOT all Trump. Unless, of course, you blame Trump for the Rocket Launch and the Daytona 500, (And the delays due to weather).

Of course, in the current environment, someone here will SURELY blame Trump for the Daytona Race rain delay. Weather Machine, and all.

East Coast Florida got trashed with TFR's all weekend, and they WERE NOT all Trump. Unless, of course, you blame Trump for the Rocket Launch and the Daytona 500, (And the delays due to weather).hang out with his rich friends again.

Of course, in the current environment, someone here will SURELY blame Trump for the Daytona Race rain delay. Weather Machine, and all.

The 500 is this coming Sunday. This past Sat it was a different race that ended up postponed to Sun. So get ready for another TFR at Daytona, plus The Donald probably gonna .

.... ATC called back 1 or 2 more times, making sure we were gonna be level. Then ATC issued traffic at FL260 10-11 o'clock, 747, I say "in sight". As we leveled off, ATC then issued us as traffic, "AF1 traffic blah blah at FL280, has you insight. Pres Obama going somewhere.

Did you dump the lavs?;)

Curious, do the local towers warn of the TFR situation to prevent problems for departing traffic? I understand a flying-in pilot would screw up if not on FFollowing or paying attention to NOTAMS. Hope to fly in the area soon but my early research seems to indicate a need for F Following all over that place?

Curious, do the local towers warn of the TFR situation to prevent problems for departing traffic? I understand a flying-in pilot would screw up if not on FFollowing or paying attention to NOTAMS. Hope to fly in the area soon but my early research seems to indicate a need for F Following all over that place?

Yes, they do. Flown into presidential TFRs twice and both times informed about the TFR. Of course, I did my preflight planning and knew anyway.

Local towers (and ATIS) warn. So does Approach/Center on 121.5 if you're getting close.

But it's ultimately the pilot's responsibility, per 14 CFR 91.103.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back