Aerovie vertical wx profile- how accurate?

MetalCloud

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MetalCloud
I'm planning a trip today and I'm wondering how accurate the cloud top depiction in aerovie's vertical weather profile is. I've just never used it

Thanks!

It's a weather forecast and cloud tops are notoriously tricky so it will not be 100% but I've found it to be reliable enough most of the time. As long as you have some cushion and aren't planning a trip where safety would depend on the accuracy of the forecast, I think it is very useable.

I think it pulls from the best possible source data so I don't think there would be a more accurate, easily digestible product out there - at least none that I have found.

I've always found it to be very accurate

This is the first I've heard of aerovie. It looks pretty capable. I'm currently using foreflight, and will give the trial a shot next time my subscription is close to ending.

It's ForeFlight lite in many ways

It's ForeFlight lite in many ways

Both FF and Aerovie are great in their own ways. I personally use Aerovie for all my preflight weather planning because it's just so much better. For inflight I still use FF, but mostly because I'm used to it and have a Stratus.

Cloud tops are predictable from upper air forecasts if the clouds are stratus.

Not so predictable for cumulus clouds or when there's lifting.

Back