KPGD - Punta Gorda Flying Clubs or partnership?

upstateny

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Now in SW Florida
Looking for a flying club or partnership based at KPGD. Anybody know of a one based there?
I know there's a club in Fort Myers, but looking for something closer.
PS Don't let my username fool you, I'm in Florida. (Heaven's waiting room)

Not sure on Punta Gorda, but Fort myers flying club is great if you decide to make the drive. I moved from the area but got my license with them.

I'd have to research what's involved, but yes, I'm still looking.

I just sold my airplane based at KPGD a couple of months ago and am looking for a partner(s) to start a flying club there as well. I am still renting a hanger and can make that available. I currently fly between 50-60 hrs/year, am SEL,SES, IFR, Commercial rated. I'd like something that flys low and slow, but will consider everything with the right partners. Dave

I live in Punta Gorda and need to build some hours. Count me in on a flying club!

I don't live in Florida. But I have family in Sarasota and would be looking for a rental when I'm in town.

Not sure if your club would be offering rental but if it's in the cards let me know.

I'm also in Punta Gorda. I would be interested in meeting up with some local pilots. Any progress with the club?

I have a plane, but my wife has a friend that was asking if there were any rentals available at PGD.

Going to set up a meeting with all interested in a buy in/ shared equity plane. If you would like to just meet with other local pilots, and not interested in buying into a plane I suggest going to the EAA meeting at KPGD

I've met several pilots at PGD, the problem is finding one with a medical. Great guys though.

The wife and I are looking at the PG are as a possible retirement location. Whats it like?

Punta Gorda is a quiet city. It has a civic association (voluntary membership) with dozens of clubs to keep you as busy as you want. With no large beaches, it's not a big tourist destination.
Punta Gorda Isles is a part of town that is built on a system of canals that lead to Charlotte Harbor and the Gulf. It's real handy to have your boat in your back yard, ready to go when you are. Some areas have low-ish bridges that sailboats can't get under, but 2/3 of the homes have sailboat access.
The airport (KPGD) is 10 minutes away. Lots of hangars and tie-downs. Friendly tower folks.

If you need a tour guide, let me know.

I would be interested in a flying club/equity share.

I rented an archer from the flight school there a few times, although that plane is now gone. We are a bit south now but I have some interest in a club.

Did you guys ever put a club together? What airplane did you buy? Any memberships available?
John Lange

I live full time in Port Charlotte and just getting started. Cannot afford $125 per hour to rent while learning.

Hey Mike
Would love to fly sometime, and I'm always hungry, breakfast sounds good. Working weekdays and some Saturdays, off next weekend. I'll PM my phone#.

Coincidentally,I am in the process of putting something together now. However, you are probably not interested in my opportunity due to the type of aircraft I have. I like to fly low and slow and have gravitated over the years from 3 axis to weight shift trikes
If you haven't flown in a trike yet then I would urge you to at least look at some Youtube videos to get an idea of what this type of flying is all about. Call me if you’re interested. 941-421-6082……Doug
Nice little plane, brother fly's hang gliders, one son does PPG, I'm looking for a trainer and will eventually build a Cozy Mk IV

Nice little plane, brother fly's hang gliders, one son does PPG, I'm looking for a trainer and will eventually build a Cozy Mk IV

I wish you luck. Having built two planes, one from a kit and the other from plans I can say that there is nothing more rewarding than flying a plane you built yourself. But having said that, I would rather be flying than building and think that if I were you I would look for a well built used Cozy and save yourself a ton of time and money and be airborne in months rather than years. Additionally, the FAA allows primary training in a student owned Experimental amateur built aircraft even if you didn't build the plane yourself. Of course you would have to find a CFI checked out in that plane and willing to give instruction in it but you would save quite a bit of money having to only pay only for the instructors time vs plane and instructor. You would also have to find a DPE willing to administer your check ride in that aircraft. I'm sure there is a forum devoted to the Cozy and that would be the place to ask questions concerning the viability of that path to achieve your goals. I looked at building a Long EZ years ago and decided I didn't have the time or money for the project but fell in love with the design and still think the Cozy by extension is the best design for a go fast family flyer thats easy to fly, safe, and aerodynamically efficient....Doug

I am a full time resident in Englewood, FL and am trying to find an LSA flying group at either PGD or VNC . Alternatively, I would be interested in a part share at either location. Did this proposal to try and set something up at PGD ever get anywhere ?...Steve

Have you checked the board at the FBO in Venice, they may have a light sport club.

Last time I checked they didnt but its been a while so I'll take a look this week. Thanks

I know this thread is old but wanted to know if this ever happened? I just sold my Cherokee and looking to fly with some partners. Thanks!

Back