Florida meet up?

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
I'll be around the Tampa area from Wed 15th through Friday the 17th. (Human mailing tube.)

May have dinner plans with friends a couple of those nights, maybe drive over to Melbourne for one of those.

Also no heavy daytime plans those days either.

Any PoA folks wanna meet up? Don't know if it'll work out, but might as well ask.

I'd be interested. I'm on the NE side of Orlando and still work for a living but I have some flexibility...

Unfortunately I do not have access to an airplane right now or I'd fly down to Tampa and we could take a little sight seeing flight somewhere for lunch...

Might be available,will try to fit it into my schedule.

I'd go, but gawdaaamn in the middle of the week? Most of us gotta give the man his dues to support our addiction. When you pushing back, Friday or?

Florida?...isn't that where old pilots go to die?

May I suggest a 3pm dinner at Hometown Buffet...

Depends on when and where but I'm interested. I'm just outside of Tampa but definitely close enough

I'll post something Wednesday but it sounds like most folks would prefer Friday?

Post away. Friday & Saturday are the two days I can't. But I do exist! Really! Even if hardly anybody has ever met me.

I'll be around the state. I'm mobile and flexible with my schedule. Let me know and I'll make something work.

So we're back in the Sunshine State (where it's about to rain haha). Kinda working like three different dinner schedules so... have been out of data coverage for a couple of days so I'll read back and see if there was any consensus on day or place or anything. Whiiich I kinda doubt, because ... PoA! Grin.

Gotta go text some friends in the Clearwater area and also see if we are meeting different friends over in the Melbourne area later in the week.

I'm gonna be in Tampa Thurs through Sunday... Going down to meet the new Grandbaby so color me local but (not my decision) unavailable... Guess this thread should have been one post shorter...Got to practice my typing though.... And I get to miss E-man's BQ1 meeting too.. Wonderful!

Looks like tonight was our local Tampa/Clearwater friends and they said if none of you "online people" want to meet up, they'll hang with us tomorrow too. Ha.

Friday we'll drive over to Melbourne area and are planning on taking a couple of aviation friends out to dinner that we know at someplace called The Mansion, their suggestion.

So Thursday we can meet anyone anywhere really and Friday it'd either be a day thing or we'd have to add ya into the dinner thing. They're aviation folk so they probably wouldn't mind...

Anyway I know. Weekdays and all that. Just saying "hi!" and if something works out, cool.

Y'all know we'll happily meet up in Denver anytime too if anyone comes through town... and we even have a guest room if you don't mind finding a place at the end of two miles of dirt road and 40 minutes out of the city! It's also helpful if you like dogs. Ours don't see people too much so they can be a little pushy on boundaries, but who doesn't like an 85 lb dog joining them on the bed if they forget to close the bedroom door? LOL.

So I probably should have researched this a bit better and planned it better... haha...

We'll hang with our Clearwater friends tonight and the invitation is always open if any Florida folks (well, any folks!) visit Denver...!

I'm over in plant city if you get this way.

Looks like we'll be going through there to get over to Melbourne, but not sure what time today.

We were talking about taking off early in that direction but it could maybe work for a lunch meetup if you have a favorite place?

Well that worked out. It was nice to meet you @Theboys and we'll have to do dinner sometime when you're back in Nebraska.

Dinner in Melbourne was great, too. And a late night drive back across the state wasn't bad either.

Time for a little shut eye and then wedge myself into an F9 high speed aluminum human mailing tube back to DEN tomorrow.

My friend in Melbourne liked our stories of probably seeing snow sooner or later as March hits CO shortly. He joked, "That's the best part of Florida, I'll never have to shovel rain..."

PS. Brush fires smell way different than forest fires. The one over toward the Melbourne side of FL was creating smoke that made the highway about RVR 2400 for a little way.

Back