Cirrus Transition Training

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
I am looking to "try" as many planes as possible before buying. One of my trys will be a Cirrus and I was thinking of starting with a couple lessons of the Cirrus Transition Training (preliminary ground school and first flight). I figure if I don't like it after the first flight, I can stop, but if I like, I'll just finish and get the certificate.

It's taught by a local FBO (Montgomery Aviation at KTYQ). Anyone know good or bad about em?

Is this training the same as what one would get from Cirrus directly?

I don't have any experience with that school, but the transition training is an online course from cirrus with a standardized checklist for the CSIP to use on the flight portion. So yes it should be the same at any cirrus training center.

There are indeed several good schools in the Indianapolis metro area, TYQ being one of them. I had a few buddies who went to work for them while I was still working as a CFI in Lafayette (LAF) about 50 miles north.

I don't have any experience with that school, but the transition training is an online course from cirrus with a standardized checklist for the CSIP to use on the flight portion. So yes it should be the same at any cirrus training center.
That. Then it will just come down to your instructor and how you two gel. But yes, it's pretty prescribed. I love that.

Go for it! If you don't like it there is so much cool stuff out there. But I did a 1.5 hour discovery flight after after only flying Cessnas in training and post PPL/IFR.... And I knew after that flight that the cirrus was for me. We did maneuvers, cruised, some landings, etc. I loved the training / transition program. You'll learn a lot regardless of the outcome

Back