Are you BRAVE enough to slip the almighty Cirrus??? (a satire)

Bryan you are a hoot! That part w/ maybe 2* bank, oh that's enough, getting queasy....dude I'm still lmao!

Oh yeah, a lot more informative than that Maui Wowie's videos!

Last edited:
:rofl:

Loved it!

Finally, proof that any Bo or Mooney can slip the surly bonds of Earth, but it takes a special pilot to slip a Cirrus.

I thought for sure this would be a snuff video. Glad you made through alive!

That makes me want to go back and watch Johnny dangerously. I haven't seen that since I was a kid.

Just watched it again... sober...

You could have gotten a another 2* of bank if you wore SLIPPERS! Imagine my horror when I saw you weren't wearing sandals. But you did have have your HSI (Sandel) so close enough to fool the fact checkers and save you from the pinochios.

I love these videos. This one reminds me: I had access to a rental SR20 and decided to join the Cirrus type club to get some useful information since the type was relatively new to me. Of course, I joined the forum. It was during the days when Cirrus had what many viewed as an unusually high accident rate. A report had just come out very unfavorably comparing the Cirrus accident rate with the Diamond Star.

As one would expect, there was a lot of discussion, much of it focused on how incredibly different the two airplanes handled, especially in critical flight configurations. So I posted that I had flown both, didn't really find them all that different in handling, and that both performed equally well and stable in critical flight conditions, including falling leaf stalls :eek:.

Wow! Did I get it for daring to do a "non-approved" (meaning not in the curriculum) falling leaf stall in a Cirrus. The very first comment started with a warning to everyone else, "DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME." I was obviously a pilot who suffered from all of the FAA's dangerous attitudes.

The cirrus will do a Falling Leaf stall remarkably well. My instructor made me do this over and over and over for a solid hour one time. He said I wasn't busy enough with my feet and he thought this would be a good method to get them working.

The plane has to be symmetrical at all times huh? Hmm...

Awesome quality video 6PC!

As always, hilarious!

Thanks for the plug for Cloud Nine, the dogs and I appreciate it. :)

The very first comment started with a warning to everyone else, "DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME." I was obviously a pilot who suffered from all of the FAA's dangerous attitudes.
I think the rest of us knew that and were just politely keeping our yaps shut.

Someone told me that not only should there be wings on both sides of the plane, there should be one on the top and bottom. I went and looked at the club plane and we only have a wing on the top. That's not dangerous, is it??

Great video! Got a few good laughs from me at the office with that one.

My only disappointment was that in the list of animals, MONKEY wasn't mentioned! Missed an inside joke opportunity there, Bryan. Hah

My only disappointment was that in the list of animals, MONKEY wasn't mentioned! Missed an inside joke opportunity there, Bryan. Hah

Actually I have flown alligators before, but never a monkey. Not even the PoA monkey.

Funny video!

I'm wondering about that key that appeared on the red handle sometime after the video began. I think I would get confused, in an emergency, trying to figure out whether to pull the red handle, or maybe instead to fiddle with the key and put it in that other place, on the panel, where it also fits.

Funny video!

I'm wondering about that key that appeared on the red handle sometime after the video began. I think I would get confused, in an emergency, trying to figure out whether to pull the red handle, or maybe instead to fiddle with the key and put it in that other place, on the panel, where it also fits.
I think what you have to do is pull the key out of the panel to unlock the red handle if you want to land using the red handle. I think it is the auto-land feature with key activation. Not sure though. :)

Back