Sac's Hack

I fly a Turbo Arrow, I remember you from the Piper Forum, just downloaded Gauthier's List, I give you a solid 4 stars on Vine Fraternity.

Yes, I used to fly a TA myself. Now I'm in a partnership with an Arrow II. I haven't visited the forum in a while. I should pop in.

Anyway, if you could share your rating/review on Amazon it would be most appreciated.

Damn. I just set up an author page. Woo hoo!

I just started the Vine fraternity.
I like your style. It will take me awhile to get through it because I am not much of a reader, I have to read it on my son's tablet and I have to read it one bathroom break at a time.

I just started the Vine fraternity.
I like your style. It will take me awhile to get through it because I am not much of a reader, I have to read it on my son's tablet and I have to read it one bathroom break at a time.

Coolness! Can I bug you for a review on it, and the other one if you read it? I'll deduct the charge from the purchase of myself!

Rated Gauthier's list on Amazon, really quite good, but a little editing would help, too many sentences start with So, and, a little spacing to denote scene changes would be welcome. Otherwise, your as good as many I have read!

Also, as an update, Gauthier's List is now in the KDP select program, so it's free to Prime and Kindle Unlimited members.

Did you mean Amazon Prime? I'm Amazon Prime, but though it shows as 0.00 for Kindle Unlimited, it shows as full price for Amazon Prime. A glitch?

Paul in Berkeley, formerly of Sacto

Last edited:
Rated Gauthier's list on Amazon, really quite good, but a little editing would help, too many sentences start with So, and, a little spacing to denote scene changes would be welcome. Otherwise, your as good as many I have read!

Yes, thank you! I did in fact put an edited second edition up this past week. Spacing can be a problem, there is some weirdness in the way the Mobi translator creates the book but I think I have it figured out. For that matter I've updated the Vine Fraternity as well.

Did you mean Amazon Prime? I'm Amazon Prime, but though it shows as 0.00 for Kindle Unlimited, it shows as forklift price for Amazon Prime. A glitch?

Paul in Berkeley, formerly of Sacto

No glitch, Kindle Unlimited comes with Prime so you're good to go.

OK, I'm amazon prime... How do I invoke Kindle unlimited? It wants to charge me...
TIA

It specifically says, "Amazon Prime $3.99"

Why is that zero?!

Paul

Okay, this program is causing some confusion for myself as well and I made a misstatement. My apologies. Kindle Unlimited is separate from Prime, so you can "buy" books under the program for free under that program.

What your Prime membership allows you to do is borrow books under the Kindle Unlimited program, one per month, for an unlimited time period. I'm not sure how you invoke the borrowing feature.

Actually I can loan the book out to you as well, if you want to PM me an email address.

Last edited:
I'm sensing danger here. Be aware of how often you hack, with whom you hack,and where you hack. Too much hacking and before you know it you'll get a reputation as a hacky Sac, and people may start kicking you around.

Let's be careful out there.:p

Last edited:
From what I understand, the Kindle "Lending Library" feature included with Amazon Prime requires the use of an actual Kindle device. It does not work with the Kindle app for Android or iOS. I'd be happy to take correction on that if someone knows for sure.

JKG

From what I understand, the Kindle "Lending Library" feature included with Amazon Prime requires the use of an actual Kindle device. It does not work with the Kindle app for Android or iOS. I'd be happy to take correction on that if someone knows for sure.
That is true...

I'll get to this soon. Ain't got a kindle but I'm Amazon prime so ill figure it out.

It specifically says, "Amazon Prime $3.99"

Why is that zero?!

Paul
I'll get to this soon. Ain't got a kindle but I'm Amazon prime so ill figure it out.

Tell you what. I'll do a free promo sometime next week. That way anybody can get it for free, for a day. I'll post up the day after I set it up. Probably next Friday or Saturday.

Can someone just copy and paste the juicy parts here

That's the great think about the Kindle or app. You can do a search for "juicy parts" and find every reference to OJ, V8, Bloody Marys, and mail order New Zealand sheep direct to Scotland.

All right, the Sunday after next, 5/22, The Vine Fraternity will be on giveaway so anybody that wants a copy can download one. Won't need to be Prime or Kindle Unlimited. And it works on all devices and Kindle apps. I've tested it.

All right, the Sunday after next, 5/22, The Vine Fraternity will be on giveaway so anybody that wants a copy can download one. Won't need to be Prime or Kindle Unlimited. And it works on all devices and Kindle apps. I've tested it.

I've got an IPad and a Laptop with Windows. No kindle or "apps" that are for downloading books. Can it just be downloaded as a PDF, Word or text file?

I've got an IPad and a Laptop with Windows. No kindle or "apps" that are for downloading books. Can it just be downloaded as a PDF, Word or text file?

Nope. But the Kindle app is free. You could download the MOBI file if you wanted to and read it with a third party reader but that would be a pain.

Trust me, an ebook reader is by far easier to read with than Word or PDF.

@Sac Arrow -- Description says this is #5 in the series... Can we start here and not get lost? Or should we read the others first?

Of course, they are all standalone. Starting from prior is unnecessary.

Ok, I picked up The Back Door Key. I'll give it a try when I finish my current book.

This is the newest. Brand new series.

51gIiY3A6kL.jpg

And this is a tribute to the monkey. Sixth in the old series.

51juakOoadL.jpg

When you Google Rex Muse it returns a bunch of articles about a sex offender.

I'm waiting for an action adventure, spy thriller, BBQ cookbook...with sex.

But cool deal with your writing and publishing!

Somehow I missed this thread until now.

When you Google Rex Muse it returns a bunch of articles about a sex offender.

Yeah, I had to choose among the least of several other evils.
Ooh ooh! One of my fav planes, ATR-72! :goofy:

Shhh don't tell anybody. I had to make it a 42 in the book to make the timeline work out.

I'm waiting for an action adventure, spy thriller, BBQ cookbook...with sex.

But cool deal with your writing and publishing!

Somehow I missed this thread until now.

They tend to involve all of the above.

Yeah, I had to choose among the least of several other evils.

Shhh don't tell anybody. I had to make it a 42 in the book to make the timeline work out.

They tend to involve all of the above.

I flew it is why I mentioned it. Fun plane to fly. I won't tell. Might have to read the book now though.

Last edited:
Some freight company in the Pacific Northwest is still flying ATR-42s for FedEx these days @mscard88 -- just thought you'd like to know. A friend went to work for them recently.

Funny to watch him all excited about the same airplane my initial Private CFI was flying for CoEx 20 years ago. He had to pop the escape hatch and take the standard photo captioned, "My new airplane has a sun roof." that I saw folks doing 20 years ago, too.

I told him he's got the only airplane with a horn so he can honk at other airplanes to get out of the way. :)

And technically the ATR-42 is the only airplane I've ever hand flown in the Flight Levels, but we can't talk about that... and it's not in my logbook. :)

So it'll always hold a little sweet spot for me in my heart.

The irony? It was an FO who wanted to go to work for FedEx (he was filling out his application to go to work for them on a clipboard stuffed in his flight bag) who loaned me his seat for a while so I could pretend I was supposed to be flying it. Haha. He went back to see if they had left any catering on board. He was hungry. He didn't come back for a couple of hours. Guess he found dinner.

Life is a circle in so many ways. It's eerie.

Did you ever notice the square-holed cup holders? Naturally we had round styrofoam cups which wouldn't fit into the square opening. French deal I guess.

We had a Capt on take off roll push that horn button when a dog was on the runway. Like the dog could've heard it. We tried to get rampers attention with it but they never reacted. Probably were just ignoring us.

The 72 was a pig out of 10-12,000' and the highest I think I ever flew it was maybe 20-22K feet. Most of the routes our ATRs flew were under 300 miles or so anyway. Fun plane to fly though, and that thing could handle some strong crosswinds.

Writeralexryan.jpg

It's been a long time coming, but it's finally done. Both ebook and print on Amazon.

Exciting! Congratulations!
I'd like to finally read some of these, Sac. You have several - what order do you suggest?
Thanks!

Exciting! Congratulations!
I'd like to finally read some of these, Sac. You have several - what order do you suggest?
Thanks!

You don't really need to start at the beginning for continuity. My previous two (Lambda Tribe and Leon's Fire) got the best reviews on both Amazon and Goodreads (all five stars on Goodreads) so I would start with Lambda and work forward to Leon's Fire and then Project Dark Chapter. I think those are pretty solid. Then Gauthier's List and Vine Fraternity. The first couple, Gatekeepers and Three Selves kind of bite.

Back