Given a persons name and address can I find out if they are certificated?

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
I tried on the FAA website, but had little luck. I am sure that there is a way but would someone point me In the right direction.

First off, don't be creepin' on folks

Second, if they have their address hidden, you have to NOT select any state and just input their first and last name or go through the results.

Another trick is if they own a plane, look them up that way.

First off, don't be creepin' on folks

Second, if they have their address hidden, you have to NOT select any state and just input their first and last name or go through the results.

Another trick is if they own a plane, look them up that way.
Don't be creepin'.... yet your post is hints on how to creep.

That's creepy.

I cannot imagine a more appropriate musical depiction. Weirdo.

Note that people can opt out of the airman database so just because someone is not there doesn't mean they don't have a certificate.

Note that people can opt out of the airman database so just because someone is not there doesn't mean they don't have a certificate.

Not 100%

You can opt out of having your address listed, but you can't opt out of the registry completely.

Not creepin'. Just curious about the owner of a plane for sale. It was described as the 'family plane'. Is the current owner a pilot or the inheritor. New registration the same month as it was listed for sale. Just curious, doesn't really change anything, just curious.

Not creepin'. Just curious about the owner of a plane for sale. It was described as the 'family plane'. Is the current owner a pilot or the inheritor. New registration the same month as it was listed for sale. Just curious, doesn't really change anything, just curious.
Have you asked them?

Owner is female three states away, working through a broker? Calling her up would be creepy. Like I said, it doesn't really change things, I am just curious. I really like the plane and am looking for info that might give me an edge.

Owner is female three states away, working through a broker? Calling her up would be creepy. Like I said, it doesn't really change things, I am just curious. I really like the plane and am looking for info that might give me an edge.
Have you simply googled the tail number? I'm often surprised at the amount of data I find with sites like "airport-data", "flightaware", etc.

Also, if the owner has a Facebook account, there WILL be pictures of them using the plane....ALL OWNERS with Facebook have used their plane as their profile/cover page at one time or another. I'm sure there must be an exception to this, but I have yet to find it.

And for those of us in witness protection, you really don't want to be looking for us. Makes the Marshals twitchy.

I have not googled, just a n number inquiry followed by the white pages.

If you're really interested, run the n number here
http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/NNum_Inquiry.aspx

Get the SN and request full records, which include all the registrations since it was new, here
http://aircraft.faa.gov/e.gov/ND/

Run the airmen here
https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

Also run the plane by n number, and then by SN here
https://www.ntsb.gov/_layouts/ntsb.aviation/index.aspx

Anyone know how to find an IA based on his certificate number? (the number he uses when he signs off an annual)

landings.com also mirrors the FAA registry database and it's easier to use than the FAA site.

Anyone know how to find ex-wives....Sky Dog wants to know, he told me so...

Just remember that all the names that start with a "capital" letter have a criminal record.

Calling some one who has an airplane for sale, saying you may be interested, and asking a few questions is "creepy." Surreptitiously checking them out by searching records and social media is not.

Interesting world we live in.

Calling some one who has an airplane for sale, saying you may be interested, and asking a few questions is "creepy." Surreptitiously checking them out by searching records and social media is not.

Interesting world we live in.
I don't see either as "creepy"...if the information is out there, why would it be creepy to look at it? Just because she is a female, you can't call her?

I don't see either as "creepy"...if the information is out there, why would it be creepy to look at it? Just because she is a female, you can't call her?
Of course you can call her. I was just commenting on the direction of the other posts - that being up front and forthright by contacting the person directly was somehow creepy, but researching the person (apparently for reasons other than being up front and forthright by contacting the person directly) was not.

Also, if the owner has a Facebook account, there WILL be pictures of them using the plane....ALL OWNERS with Facebook have used their plane as their profile/cover page at one time or another. I'm sure there must be an exception to this, but I have yet to find it.
Here's an exception - I have an FB account (two, in fact) and there are zero photos of my airplane.

Back