Damaged aircraft while parked

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Let's say you fly in to Podunk airport for the day, return to find your aircraft with minor damage to the spinner. park besides it is a really bad damaged aircraft the paint smear on your spinner matches the damaged aircraft.
the airport has no one around.
what's your actions going to be?

happened here today.

look up the tail number and track the sucker down?

If you have a prop lock you can lock his prop up and leave your mobile number to call you for removal.

I would kick the ever loving **** out of the offending plane and the owner.

Or I would contact the owner of the plane and get them to the airport asap to handle business.

Gonna be lots of photos taken and a very quick call to one's own insurance company. They'll have a subrogation interest and a desire to get to the bottom of it pronto.
I went down to check on a customers aircraft, and get flagged down in the parking lot. the owner of the minor damaged aircraft asks me if I know what happened I tell him no.
But, I checked his spinner, he was good to fly home and get his regular A&P to order a new one.

Super nice guy, a Dr. that comes to the Island to work the clinics

Would a police report help in a deal like this? Just to get it on record and documentation.

Watch the f-tard in the other plane blame the guy with the spinner.

I went down to check on a customers aircraft, and get flagged down in the parking lot. the owner of the minor damaged aircraft asks me if I know what happened I tell him no.
But, I checked his spinner, he was good to fly home and get his regular A&P to order a new one.

Super nice guy, a Dr. that comes to the Island to work the clinics

Thanks for helping him get on his way.

Those kind of things are appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Document everything, get my piece of flesh.

Personally I just park in places riff raff can't get to

look up the tail number and track the sucker down?

If you have a prop lock you can lock his prop up and leave your mobile number to call you for removal.
Believe me,, the other aircraft isn't going any where.
After several calls tonight I put the two to gather. they can work it out.
Small airports have a network of who knows who..make enough calls and you'll get the right guy.

Document everything, get my piece of flesh.

Personally I just park in places riff raff can't get to
you'll park where you are told at private airports.

People with attitudes get spotted pretty quickly at small private airports and dealt with accordingly. OKH is the only airport serving the north end of Whidbey Is. It's privately owned so present a snotty attitude, you'll get told to pack your sh-t and get and don't come back.
So those who need to come here mind their manners.

People with attitudes get spotted pretty quickly at small private airports and dealt with accordingly. OKH is the only airport serving the north end of Whidbey Is. It's privately owned so present a snotty attitude, you'll get told to pack your sh-t and get and don't come back.
Sounds like a friendly place :incazzato::incazzato:

Makes me want to visit . . .

Let's say you fly in to Podunk airport for the day, return to find your aircraft with minor damage to the spinner. park besides it is a really bad damaged aircraft the paint smear on your spinner matches the damaged aircraft.
the airport has no one around.
what's your actions going to be?

happened here today.
Call CSI....:(

A couple of years ago we had a fair amount of snow. My wife went out to clear the wings. She noticed they had just plowed the ramp area. Well the grader caught the tail tie down rope. Tie down rope was almost cut into. Left fuselage skin was buckled. She called airport maintenance and reported it. You could see the tire tracks. Airport paid for the repair. 6 months later I got to fly again.

We got lucky if you call that luck.....

Last edited:
A couple of years ago we had a fair amount of snow. My wife went out to clear the wings. She noticed they had just plowed the ramp area. Well the grader caught the tail tie down rope. Tie down rope was almost cut into. Left fuselage skin was buckled. She called airport maintenance and reported it. You could see the tire tracks. Airport paid for the repair. 6 months later I got to fly again.

Too bad, about the grader, but let me congratulate you for the most remarkable part of your story -- having a wife who will not only fly with you, but also go out to clear the snow from your wings.

See my edit post 17. All I can say it sucks...... Hope his insurance is friendly and helps him out..
We will simply stay out of it now,, they have each others phone numbers how they work it out is their business.

Now I'm genuinely curious as to what actually occurred and how.

Small airports have a network of who knows who..make enough calls and you'll get the right guy.

No kidding... everyone seems to know who every one else is... if only by the color/make of the plane. Usually a good thing IMHO.

Actually as PIC I will secure my aircraft where I deem she will be safe, otherwise I'm out.

As far as a attitude, what are you talking about Tom??

Actually as PIC I will secure my aircraft where I deem she will be safe, otherwise I'm out.

As far as a attitude, what are you talking about Tom??
CYA

when a local says "I wouldn't try parking there" they usually have a reason.

the first part of your statement shows the attitude that I refer to.

No kidding... everyone seems to know who every one else is... if only by the color/make of the plane. Usually a good thing IMHO.
It really is.

pictures of one really f--ed beech bo.
the story is it was being moved to the gas pumps, got stuck in the soft ground, when the operator tried to power it out it got away from him. hit a light pole and a truck parked in the parking lot. they didn't realize it had touched the other aircraft.

Attachments

• 20170110_091207.jpg
    20170110_091207.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20170110_091218.jpg
    20170110_091218.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20170110_091155.jpg
    20170110_091155.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20170110_091229.jpg
    20170110_091229.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 105
the story is it was being moved to the gas pumps, got stuck in the soft ground, when the operator tried to power it out it got away from him. hit a light pole and a truck parked in the parking lot. they didn't realize it had touched the other aircraft.
it was a doctor?...:eek:

speed tape, good to go :)

What do you think it will cost to replace the pole? it is cracked, from being yanked by the guy wire.

Back