Cirrus SR series Generation 6?!

JustinD

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JustinD
browsing Facebook and just came across this, guess there's an SR20/22 series Generation 6 coming out. I wonder what it will entail....any ideas?

I'll admit when I first ordered my 182 at the end of 2011 I wasn't too impressed with the Cirrus, then they had the G5 some other tweaks here and there and now I'm quite impressed.

In any case anyone have any scoop on the G6 changes?

IMG_3679.jpg

Last edited:
No scoop but curious to see. My guess is more evolutionary than revolutionary. Maybe the G1000nxi and some other tweaks.

Love my cirrus. Excited to see what's coming.

browsing Facebook and just came across this, guess there's an SR20/22 series Generation 6 coming out. I wonder what it will entail....any ideas?

I'll admit when I first ordered my 182 at the end of 2011 I wasn't too impressed with the Cirrus, then they had the G5 some other tweaks here and there and now I'm quite impressed.

In any case anyone have any scoop on the G6 changes?

I signed an NDA when I ordered but can tell you the announcement is supposed to hit tomorrow.

It's going to come standard with an AOA on the dash.

latest

I'm going to put an actual donut on my dash. If it slides off, I'm about to stall. Though I should take a few bites occasionally to adjust and calibrate for airspeed

I signed an NDA when I ordered but can tell you the announcement is supposed to hit tomorrow.

I knew you knew something about this! At least we will have the details tomorrow! I'm very much so eyeing the Cirrus, this G6 will probably only further my yearning for one, and convince me its time.

They just added this to the front.

tumblr_static_c9ordqcub3ksc0kc4kkko4w8g.gif

And just to be weird, they put the side stick on the other side.

The flaps are hybrid (Right flap uses a Johnson bar. Left Flap is electric)
The wheel pants go all the way down to the bottom of the tire to protect the wheels from UV rays.

It has a new setting for engine outs called "Good enough glide" Cirrus knows every glide can't be the best one.
The got rid of the chute but kept the handle for the jokes and to save money on repacks.

Also it now has castering main wheels.

Base price......$925,000, I actually have no idea but know they are expensive

Also it now has castering main wheels.

Great. It'll be like trying to steer those fcuking carts at IKEA. Makes it easier to do donuts on the taxi way I guess. Dammit, Cirrus got the concept of the donut completely wrong!

You should go for a training course or something.

Think of all the military pilots I'm ****ing off by *not* taking a course. Wonder if something like that even exists.

Cirrus just added another photo, looks like new wingtip lighting. they also did confirm on their Facebook that it will be revealed tomorrow

15894761_10154412301985892_7216293287829609883_n.jpg

They delivered their first jet, and now version 6. I'm interested, as I have not flown since I owned my SR20. And how I miss it!!!

But, with 5 of us now, I would need something bigger.

A pressurized Sr22 would be cool!

Cirrus just added another photo, looks like new wingtip lighting. they also did confirm on their Facebook that it will be revealed tomorrow

View attachment 50374

Geezuz, 6PC was right about the lighting :eek:
I wonder if the sequential lighting strip is the new CATS? Cirrus Aerial Turn Signals?

They delivered their first jet, and now version 6...

A pressurized Sr22 would be cool!

That would be cool. But I suspect the cost of that in a piston model would start to compete with potential step-up-to-the-Vjet owners.

You guys are cracking me up. :)
We take delivery of our new G6 on Feb 7. Really looking forward to the changes.

You guys are cracking me up. :)
We take delivery of our new G6 on Feb 7. Really looking forward to the changes.

Since Cirrus made you sign an NDA one would anticipate there will be something more than cosmetic changes and avionics software tweaks, so we will look forward to hearing more... :thumbsup:

Is it an SR22T you are taking delivery of?

Since Cirrus made you sign an NDA one would anticipate there will be something more than cosmetic changes and avionics software tweaks, so we will look forward to hearing more... :thumbsup:

Is it an SR22T you are taking delivery of?

SR22 NA GTS with Carbon trim.

For those that are too impatient to wait, Plane & Pilot Magazine spilled the beans early with their January issue that's available for download.

Also, here's some video of the G1000 NXi in the Kingair

As a (humbling) aside...

Someone started a "net worth" survey over on COPA.

One result: 55% of those who bought a new Cirrus within the last 3 years have a net worth in excess of $10 million.

An SR22 was never cheap*, but this has become a really elite group.

*For mere mortals, early SR22's can be had for well under $200k, which can be a lot of "bang-for-the-buck" performance-wise.

Just read the P&P article looks like it got the G1000 NXi

Also just read mulligans link... looks nice!!! I wonder if there was any change in the airplanes baseweight/useful load? I will say the only thing I'm not a fan of the QWERTY keyboard after several years in the jet for work I've gotten incredibly used to the non qwerty keyboard on the FMS's, this qwerty keyboard with right hand use only would be like an entirely new learning step

Does anyone know of a pricing/options pricing list anywhere? I've searched the site but can't find one

Also interesting to note and funny there was no announcement but just browsing Cessnas website looks like the 182 and 206 got the NXi as well

Last edited:
Just read the P&P article looks like it got the G1000 NXi

Also interesting to note and funny there was no announcement but just browsing Cessnas website looks like the 182 and 206 got the NXi as well

I do not believe it is an NXi, however it is a Perspective Plus based on the NXi.

At the core of the revolutionary G6 is the all new, next generation Cirrus Perspective+ flight deck by Garmin. Inspired by Garmin’s latest NXi integrated platform, Perspective+ takes features Cirrus pilots have come to love and makes them even better. Ten (10x) times faster processing speed than prior Cirrus Perspective® avionics gives pilots enhanced performance and safety capabilities found in advanced turbine flight decks, such as animated datalink weather, SurfaceWatch™ safety protection, payload management, visual approach capabilities, wireless database uploads and more. The all-new keypad controller sports a Cirrus-first QWERTY interface, allowing you to make a seamless transition from your smartphone, tablet or laptop to your personal aircraft. And to make navigating the avionics and flight deck interface even easier, Perspective+ has an all new HOME key – bringing you back to your main navigating functions with the touch of just one button. The new autopilot controller, which features the iconic Blue Level Button first brought to market by Cirrus, ties the piston and jet product lines together from the optional automatic Yaw Damper functionality to the same controller used on the revolutionary Vision Jet.

"Arrive. Be Seen."

I'm sorry but I don't see the Cirrus as an aviation status symbol. They are great planes but very common and even a brand new one with the fancy paint option is not going to turn many heads.

I do not believe it is an NXi, however it is a Perspective Plus based on the NXi.

Good point, then again they also said it was the Garson Perspective plus before and never really advertised it as a G1000! Lol so it's basically the NXi....but with the perspective and special Cirrus stuff

"Arrive. Be Seen."

I'm sorry but I don't see the Cirrus as an aviation status symbol. They are great planes but very common and even a brand new one with the fancy paint option is not going to turn many heads.

I don't see it as a status symbol either, and that certainly isn't the reason I'd like one. But I will disagree with not turning many heads. Every time I'm on a ramp those seem to be what everyone looks at. I was just down in the keys in a ramp packed with beautiful new and old GA airplanes, and what did everyone on the ramp go up to and take a close look at? The Cirrus's

I do love the fact that I will be able to do my database updates from my iPad! I know its no big deal, but now I have to go to the hangar, grab the cards, bring them to the office or house, do the downloads, go back to the hangar and do the updates and hope nothing goes wrong. Now I can just update my iPad using the Garmin App and head to the plane, turn a switch and it will upload the new databases while I pre-flight. :p

I was always surprised that function didn't exist before! Something I always wished I could do with my 182. Especially because at times I'll return from a work trip late at night, want to go on an IFR flight the next day but can't get to the hangar to get the cards update em etc. now you can just do it when you want to go flying. Glad to see that they finally came up with such a thing in today's day and age

@mulligan now that the word is out can you share what options your bird will be getting?!

I don't see it as a status symbol either, and that certainly isn't the reason I'd like one. But I will disagree with not turning many heads. Every time I'm on a ramp those seem to be what everyone looks at. I was just down in the keys in a ramp packed with beautiful new and old GA airplanes, and what did everyone on the ramp go up to and take a close look at? The Cirrus's

You have to admit they are very common. There are probably 20 of them based at my home field. I like them because I think they are practical - at least the older ones that don't cost a fortune.

However, Cirrus does seem to have their clientele figured out. I know a wealthy guy who gets a new one every other year. No practical reasons just likes the new paint, interiors and what not. He will be all over the G6 because the wingtips now light up like an Audi. I am sure he could afford something that burns Jet-A but he likes the Cirrus brand and its something you can do on weekends. I guess these are the same people who buy Ferraris etc...

Last edited:
Back