Gaston's Fly-In 2016 - Thursday Oct 13 - Sunday October 16

LIT, XNA & SGF are pretty much equal distance (3:06, 2:51 & 2:21 drive times respectively)...so whichever has the best airfares.

Branson (BBG) used to have a lot of flights and cheap airfares but I think it's gone pretty much bust and most airlines pulled out. I hear Johnny Morris is trying to buy it (Mr. Bass Pro...soon to be Mr. Cabela's also). I guess he needs an airport to add to his collection of golf courses, restaurants, resorts, boat mfg'ing plants, retail stores, etc., etc., etc.

Man!

Thursday morning, before leaving for Gaston's, I tipped the scale at 204.

This morning...

:eek:

That's why I avoid buffets...I do like to eat...and I think that's all I did all weekend!

Oh wait..

I drank a few gallons of beer too. Well, at least that left less room for food!

I'd better get out there and split some wood today.....

Edit: oh, and the chocolate ice cream. That's why I only make it a couple times a year...
You need to work up to more than 45 seconds of exercise

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thursday morning, before leaving for Gaston's, I tipped the scale at 204.

This morning...

Amazingly, I didn't gain any. Only thing I can figure is the 200-300 yard sprint to the scene of the powered parachute crash must have been enough exercise offset the beer and ice cream. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

There are some things that just shouldn't be commented on.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We had a great time! Big thanks to @timwinters for the lift from KBPK on Friday and the room, @Bob Bement for the lift back to KBPK to pick the plane up on Saturday, @TangoWhiskey and everyone else involved in food prep, @masloki for keeping me entertained during the flight, and everyone who brought their babies to keep Kelsey entertained. :D It's her favorite fly-in...

We'll be there next year... All THREE of us! :eek:

is she drooling? I think I see drool.

I'm not going to lie. I woke up, and the mic was damp. I was embarrassed, but then I thought, "Thank God, no one will ever know." o_O

What a great trip! It was wonderful meeting everyone, Gaston's was gorgeous, the food was great, the ice cream was even better, and the helicopter ride was awesome! Thank you all for the warm welcome; I look forward to making Gaston's an annual trip. And kudos to Bryan for getting us there and back -neither flight was easy, which is why I pretended to pass out on the way home -just so he would stop worrying about me. :D

Just wanted to thank all in attendance for welcoming the newb. It is a great group of people and all are very easy to talk to. Quite a few there that I had met previously and at numerous events, but those I didn't know were very welcoming. Where else can you sit across from a couple you do not know at all, sipping coffee and within 30 minutes you are in a boat with them fishing for 4 hours. Thanks John and Susan. You get to learn a lot about people in the way they treat the little ones. I saw so many guys and gals loving on the young ones, giving moms and dads a chance to do other things. Again as I said, great group of people. I will not name names because surely I will leave someone out. Will have to see what next year holds for us, plans are in place for a two week trip to Ireland and that will eat into my available vacation time. Maybe next year I can fly in on Friday and fly out on Sunday and actually use an aircraft for a fly-in. Only time and weather will tell.

Well I finally got home. I saw 68 Miles an hour when I left Elk City, OK. and it was a long slow flight from Lakeview, AR. to Buckeye, AZ. 26 M/h head winds all the way.I just got back to Vale this evening. At about 5 o'clock. Old Bob is tired. I was glad I made the trip and was glad to see every one. Thanks for the good times.

glad to hear that you guys made it home safely, Bob. And it was great to meet you finally!

I for one think the weather might stand a better chance to be good in June rather in October. Yes it is not as hot and humid. But did anyone notice the number that got in by airplane vs those driving in. I thought it was a fly in and not a drive in. Just my 2 cents.

Back