Bourbon

frfly172

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
ron keating
Anyone having a good after holiday Bourbon this evening. I myself am having ,some angel envy.

I really like angel envy. Am sipping a single malt my husband bought me - Lagavulin, limited anniversary edition. I prefer the 16, but this one is pretty good.

Scotch for me. Laphroaig. A Christmas present from my daughter. But I would enjoy the Lagavulin 16 or Angel's Envy as well. They are all aged in already-used casks, and that's got to help.

Just finished off the trip here with a glass of the Dalwhinnie '92 Distillers Edition (it's an 18-year), very good and at the opposite end of the scotch spectrum from Cajun. Excellent way to end the holiday trip.

Just had some Willet. Last of this awkward bottle. Can't find anymore locally. Everyone tells me it is allocated and getting any in stock is hit and miss.

Rye. Tonight's is Templeton 6. I prefer Whistle Pig but I'm out and I didn't want to crack the Woodford. I have a couple of high end sipping rums to try after Christmas. Yummy!

Wild Turkey ! It's got a higher alcohol content than any of the single malts. And for something completely different I picked up a bottle of poitin in Ireland.

Last edited:
I could tolerate a wild turkey rare breed.

I got some Wild Turkey Rye as a present, but haven't uncorked it yet. I've been sipping some Jim Beam for the last 30 minutes.

I'm generally a scotch or bourbon person. Laphroiag being my standby.

I got some high end whisky glasses for Christmas and a bottle of Jameson Black Barrel. It should be a good evening.

Crown Royal black Lable

I don't use a mixer, simply on the rocks. a sweet whiskey

I bought a Balvenie 12 a couple of weeks ago. I try a "wee dram" every now and again. But, mostly I like a good beer.

Tonight I tried a FestBier. A German style "amber" lager. Pretty good!

festbier.jpg

Last edited:
My two goto Bourbons are Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve. The latter seems a little "sweeter" to me.

Have you tried Knob Creek Smoked Maple? Hard to find, but an incredible treat. I'm not normally a fan of flavored, sweetened liquor, but this stuff is wonderful.

No, I detest most things maple (won't even put it on my pancakes) so I've not tried it. I've been through the Knob Creek regular, special, and Rye however.

I bought a Balvenie 12 a couple of weeks ago. I try a "wee dram" every now and again. But, mostly I like a good beer.

Tonight I tried a FestBier. A German style "amber" lager. Pretty good!

festbier.jpg

Damn that looks good! Love a good German beer. Used to drink Parkbrau when I was stationed over there. A six pack of that and what it costs I could buy a 12 pack of PBR though. Decisions decisions....

Have you tried Knob Creek Smoked Maple? Hard to find, but an incredible treat. I'm not normally a fan of flavored, sweetened liquor, but this stuff is wonderful.

I hate flavored anything... coffee, water, alcohol. But then someone gave me a bottle of Cabin Fever maple flavored whiskey... delicious. Went down dangerously fast!

My two goto Bourbons are Knob Creek and Woodford Reserve. The latter seems a little "sweeter" to me.

I'm usually the same, although my girlfriend turned me on to Bulleit, and that's become the mainstay in my house lately. Mmmmmmmm!

Booker's. Yum.

Damn right, but man oh man is that stuff potent!

Jeffersons ocean,and angel envy aren't too bad.

I have been drinking this recently, for a daily drinker. Not bad for the weekdays.

8eb61371a3742760a5b26e38b73269d8.jpg

f02e5a3d6884de115b7cccdcf6aca510.jpg

dc412247d4aedc2dad2d17c1970b3d18.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pappy? With Ice?? :(
A small cute puppy dies every time I see someone do that :(

Pappy ,never tried it yet,would have to give up a good deal of aviation dollars to pay for it.

Pappy ,never tried it yet,would have to give up a good deal of aviation dollars to pay for it.

Yeah... I like alcohol, but not enough to pay that kind of money for it. Prefer to blow my cash on flying :)

Knob Creek 12yr single barrel reserve when I want something nice, Four Roses yellow label as my "table" bourbon.

Pappy 20 year? Allow about $2300.00 for a bottle. If you have the means that's the good stuff!

Actually, a little water enhances the bourbon. If you go to any critical tasting, they'll provide you some water to allow you to dilute it a tad.

Back