GO PRO

Robert Petrus

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
pete
Went on a trip the other day did a video up all was ok came back and the video was mirror image. All I did was turn it and back on.HELP ??

GoPro has software that allows you to flip the image horizontally and vertically.
Quicktime also has this capability, but in the future check your GoPro settings to avoid this.

There's a menu setting in camera that will flip the orientation. RTM. I mount my GoPro upside down.

Meantime just change orientation in your playback software.

It's actually a bug in their software. For me, it happens when I use the "upside down" setting, in combination with certain resolution/FPS settings. (I don't remember which.) And the feature to flip the image doesn't work to correct this. That feature only flips from upside down to right side up. I've had my GoPro for 3 years, and they never fixed this problem. Damned annoying, and likely why I won't buy another GoPro.

That feature only flips from upside down to right side up. I've had my GoPro for 3 years, and they never fixed this problem. Damned annoying, and likely why I won't buy another GoPro.
GoPro does seem to out grown their britches and forgotten their customers, I have had GoPro cameras die for no reason and their answer is to buy another one.
But with that said, Quicktime player has menu options that will correct your video in no time whatsoever.

31832955306_b08fae28d8_z_d.jpg

As an aside, I just cashed in a bunch of Gander Mountain coupons and upgraded to a GoPro Hero5, for "free", as it were.

My Hero3 was fine, but the user interface on the 5 is an order of magnitude better.

More of a pirep when I have more time with it.

As a further aside, my son-in-law got my old GoPro for Christmas and seemed thrilled.

Back